Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to reset and debrick Typhoon H's flight controller ?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have change the main board of my Typhoon H for a new one and non stop beep continues when turn its ST16 on. Its flight controller is a original and I believe that is bricked.
I would like to debrick it and after that I will install the newest firmware version. Does anyone know how to unbrick the flight controller for installing its firmware ?

Thank you,
Alexandre

Hi guys,

I have change the main board of my Typhoon H for a new one and non stop beep continues when turn its ST16 on. Its flight controller is a original and I believe that is bricked.
I would like to debrick it and after that I will install the newest firmware version. Does anyone know how to unbrick the flight controller for installing its firmware ?

Thank you,
Alexandre
If what you what you are hearing is a very fast beeping like a machine gun so to speak, then try this. Usually one of the pots ( control sticks ) is just sticking. For me it happens to the left one sometimes and after flicking it a few times it stops. Give it a try and let me know. Chances are the st16 is not bricked, it is just the pot sticking. Some may say it's dirty, and it may be, but mine was like that from day one. It does not happen as often anymore, but I do find if I don't use it for a while, it may do it. You can use some compressed air to try to blow it clean as well.

I agree with Murray. It's pretty hard to brick the ST16 and if it does happen it's likely through a bad firmware update. Rapid beeping is usually a sign of input from a sticking pot.

Mine did it when the camera did not bind correctly. Which was odd it show video in the st16 and the gimbal would cal but all it would do was beep rapidly and motors would not start. I could take the cam off and the H would start up and fly as normal. Put the cam back on and same thing. After several times power cycling both the H and the st16 the video stoped showing up. Went into the menu did a reset and rebound the cam and it was happy again. Go figure.

I thought the cam was messed up some how. It would start beeping real quick as soon as the cam initialized.

Excellent! It worked! Thank you very much Murray Martz and FlushVision.
Now I have to bind the camera. It doesn't recognize the camera although gimbal's movement is working perfectly and I've already change its main camera control board.
Any suggestion?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22