Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to restore missing WiFi?

Reaction score
Typhoon H in good working order (AFAIK), have always used it with the ST16 it came with. Today for the first time I wanted to try the Wizard remote, so I watched the Yuneec video and did the bind to the Wizard. Everything went fine. I downloaded the Yuneec pilot app on my phone, connected phone to the Typhoon's WiFi, and watched the video as I flew the aircraft with the Wizard. After landing and powering off to change battery, the WiFi (and camera) disappeared. The WiFi network is gone, so I turned off the Wizard and started up the ST16. Same result, it immediately connects to the aircraft but no camera (CGO3+). When the TH is powered up the camera moves around a bit, so it still thinks it's there--in fact the camera pan and tilt controls on the ST16 make the camera work as expected. The tiny LED on the camera is solid green, and when I pick up the aircraft and move it around the camera moves to track the movement. The manual says solid green means "connected to terminal." But it's not connected to anything! Everything looks normal except there's just no WiFi. Tried binding again but only the aircraft shows up on the bind list, no camera. DO I have a dead drone for Ebay or is there a way to reset it so the WiFi and camera reappears? Thanks....

Edit: There is no longer a green LED on the camera, no LED is lit at all now. But the camera still moves normally, the drone flies normally, the drone captures video normally. I just can't see what I'm doing real time. This aircraft has a grand total of maybe 20 hours on it max, has it already cycled through the first WiFi board???

Last edited:
I does sound like the Wifi board is gone. There is a little cooling fan inside. If it quits, the WiFi board soon follows.
The good part is that the gimbal still works. Almost all damaged CGo3+ cameras have bad gimbals, and they are not very fixable. A WiFi board and fan are not difficult to replace if you can find the parts.
There is some guidance in "Way To Fix Drones project" for the replacement. Attachment 2 is for replacing only the WiFi Board. Attachment 9 replaces the "Core Assembly" which includes the WiFi board. Replacing the core assembly is easier than changing just the WiFi board.
Note the guidance was originally written for a CGo3, but it is the same for the CGo3+. Addendum 1 and 2 at the bottom of the CGo3 section will show you the minor variations that exist.

Just out of curiosity, did you try removing the camera and putting it back on? Just to eliminate a contact problem. When I did computer repair, can't tell you how many problems were fixed just by removing boards and plugging them back in.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Just out of curiosity, did you try removing the camera and putting it back on? Just to eliminate a contact problem. When I did computer repair, can't tell you how many problems were fixed just by removing boards and plugging them back in.
Ric I would have tried that but honestly I didn't know how to remove it and put it back on. I guess I need to review the resources given above, and then start shopping for parts....

Try the buttons on the bottom of the camera with the power on. Press both at the same time.
Also, did you tip the H forward until the status light changed to flashing orange?

Camera reset buttons.jpg

Is the WiFi board the same for CGO3 and CGO3+? Is there a part number I should search Ebay or Amazon for?

Ric I would have tried that but honestly I didn't know how to remove it and put it back on. I guess I need to review the resources given above, and then start shopping for parts....

I'm sorry, I guess I just don't have the intelligence and patience to do this. Every step I make takes me further down the rabbit hole. When I started this day I had a fully functioning aircraft, I took it up in the air with the Wizard controller and watched the video on my phone. The next time I powered up, I had no WiFi signal, but I was still able to take off and fly, recording video on the SD card. Now, all I get is a bunch of flashing lights and beeps, and the motors won't start with a fresh battery, just fast blinking red LEDs with an occasional light blue one. This is just way too much brain damage, someone else has got to manufacture a drone that doesn't require a forum and an engineering degree to use.

Moderator Note: Sales information deleted. Refer OPs Post in "Classifieds".

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you do it a couple of times camera removal and mounting is relatively easy.

The aircraft side of the mount looks like this.
CB860639-4984-493C-ACAA-01CCDADDFE3B.jpeg
The catch is at the front of the mount and is the portion with the parallel lines. It has to be depressed right next to the camera half of the mount to allow the camera to slide forward off of the aircraft. Note the gold spring loaded contacts. Make sure all six are raised up and clean once you remove the camera.

7491554F-69B4-4F19-94A1-69495E0B6D85.jpeg
Here is a view showing the latch with the camera mounted. Just depress the latch and press forward on the mounting plate from the rear of the aircraft. Push on the part above the rubber dampeners.

3A5A3D52-A144-4847-9318-FABC5F367C7B.jpeg
This is the camera half of the slide mount. You can clean the contacts with a soft pencil eraser. A Q-tip with rubbing alcohol or plastic safe electrical contact cleaner. The arrow shows the direction the mount goes back on the aircraft, it points to the rear.

I can't help but wonder if you have the controller in "Return to Land", and if the camera is still bound to your smartphone.
The camera can't be connected to my phone, because the WiFi is not transmitting. I have looked for the CGO3 signal on my phone, my laptop, and my wife's phone, it isn't there anymore. REALLY disappointing, especially since it's exactly 3 months out of warranty (I'm pretty sure it's a 1-year warranty, and I bought it from Amazon 10/15/2018). I appreciate the detailed photos, after dinner I'll try removing the camera and cleaning the 15-month old contacts just in case that's the problem.

I wasn't able to list it for sale in the CLASSIFIED section because a message said I have insufficient privileges, whatever that means....

I can't help but wonder if you have the controller in "Return to Land", and if the camera is still bound to your smartphone.
After using the Wizard Wand with my TH, I have to rebind both the aircraft and camera to the ST-16. You can find the binding procedure on page 43 of this extended User Manual.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 7
The camera can't be connected to my phone, because the WiFi is not transmitting. I have looked for the CGO3 signal on my phone, my laptop, and my wife's phone, it isn't there anymore. REALLY disappointing, especially since it's exactly 3 months out of warranty (I'm pretty sure it's a 1-year warranty, and I bought it from Amazon 10/15/2018). I appreciate the detailed photos, after dinner I'll try removing the camera and cleaning the 15-month old contacts just in case that's the problem.

I wasn't able to list it for sale in the CLASSIFIED section because a message said I have insufficient privileges, whatever that means....
To reduce the incidence of scammers selling junk or nonexistent merchandise, we instituted a 30 day/10 post minimum for a member to post a sale in the Classifieds forum. You only have 4 posts to go.

Now, all I get is a bunch of flashing lights and beeps, and the motors won't start with a fresh battery, just fast blinking red LEDs with an occasional light blue one.
Flashing red LED's happens in "Home" mode and in a No Fly Zone. Is the flight mode switch in Home, Angle or Smart?

DoomMeister is my Hero for the Day! Thanks to the great photos, I was able to detach the camera and look at the shiny bright gold contacts, which looked as clean as the day they left China. But I rubbed them a bit with a pencil eraser and reattached the camera. Powered up the TH and PRESTO, the CGO3P_320149 showed up on my phone as an available WiFi network! I connected, opened the Yuneec app, and the camera picture was right where I left it five agonizing hours before.

BUT, I have a question: I'm not sure of parts names, but at the top of where the camera mounts there are 4 black ribbed rubber mounts, I think Yuneec calls them dampeners. On my TH, only two of them have plastic pin holding them to the top plate, and these plastic pins have a circular push on clip on one end. Again I think they may be called damper retainers? Anyway, am I supposed to have only two installed (on opposite corners)? It looks like they should be on all 4 corners....

No, I don't want to modify anything, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't accidentally dislodged 2 of the thingies. Thanks! Tomorrow's another day, maybe I'll be flying again....

Reactions: AussieCate
No, I don't want to modify anything, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't accidentally dislodged 2 of the thingies. Thanks! Tomorrow's another day, maybe I'll be flying again....
Are you up and running or are you still getting the red flashing Main LED while in Angle or Smart mode?

I thought all was OK last night, I removed the camera, cleaned the contacts, and replaced it. The WiFi worked perfectly and I got a picture. But today when I took it out to fly, the WiFi was gone again, nothing. The aircraft flies and the camera moves around with the controls as it should. But no WiFi signal and it won't record anything onto the SD card. I just posted this: CGO3+ Repair Needed hoping someone can help. Really disappointed, I thought it was fixed, and I'm still struggling to understand why it briefly worked last night after remounting the camera....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix