Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

how to set the white on the cg03+

Reaction score
hi
because on the bunker golf j have lines and the white is overexposed

Attachments

• YUN00002.jpg
    YUN00002.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 61
hi
because on the bunker golf j have lines and the white is overexposed

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is not due to white balance or exposure problems. I had the same thing on my refurb TH Pro and had to send the CGO3+ in for warranty repair due to a faulty sensor. It always shows up in the blown out highlights as the dark vertical lines like in the sand trap.

Blown out highlights should always show as pure white.

Reactions: Steve Carr
If the whites are blown try using the histogram and adjusting the exposure down until they’re not blown.

If the whites are blown try using the histogram and adjusting the exposure down until they’re not blown.

I tried that with mine and then everything else was way underexposed. It is worth trying as you suggest, but it is a telltale sign from my experience with the same problem.

Reactions: AH-1G
Yep, I can also confirm that is not what happens when whites are overblown. If it is a sensor problem there won't be anything in settings that will help I'm afraid.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is not due to white balance or exposure problems. I had the same thing on my refurb TH Pro and had to send the CGO3+ in for warranty repair due to a faulty sensor. It always shows up in the blown out highlights as the dark vertical lines like in the sand trap.

Blown out highlights should always show as pure white.
you could give me an example to compareYUN00010.jpg

Last edited:
Something looks very strange now I can see it bigger on a screen, if it is sensor, it can be time consuming to rectify if a warranty repair judging by what others have said.

01 through 07 are examples of the Vertical Banding (VB) before sensor replacement, and 08 through 12 are examples after the replacement that would have definitely had the banding present with the bad sensor. All of these are screen grabs from 4k 30fps video.

Attachments

• 01 VB in houses.png
    01 VB in houses.png
    9.7 MB · Views: 28
  • 02 VB in clouds and reflections.png
    02 VB in clouds and reflections.png
    10 MB · Views: 29
  • 03 VB in reflections.png
    03 VB in reflections.png
    9.6 MB · Views: 24
  • 04 VB in clouds.png
    04 VB in clouds.png
    10.3 MB · Views: 23
  • 05 VB in clouds and reflections.png
    05 VB in clouds and reflections.png
    8.7 MB · Views: 24
  • 06 VB in clouds.png
    06 VB in clouds.png
    8.8 MB · Views: 22
  • 07 VB in clouds.png
    07 VB in clouds.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 23
  • 08 Sun thru tree.png
    08 Sun thru tree.png
    5 MB · Views: 22
  • 09 TV water tower 2.png
    09 TV water tower 2.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 10 Palms 1 and tortoise preserve.png
    10 Palms 1 and tortoise preserve.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 20
the rest of them

Attachments

• 11 on final approach.png
    11 on final approach.png
    6.9 MB · Views: 17
  • 12 Palms 7 with bunker.png
    12 Palms 7 with bunker.png
    6.8 MB · Views: 16
I tried that with mine and then everything else was way underexposed. It is worth trying as you suggest, but it is a telltale sign from my experience with the same problem.

It is possible that the scene you're capturing exceeds the dynamic range capability of the camera. In that case the best recourse is to take three shots or more with 2 stop difference (ex; -2, 0, -+2 EV) between each thus creating an HDR sequence. You can then take those three shots into a desktop app like Photoshop or Lightroom that can combine them to create a single image with the necessary dynamic range.

Last edited:
Reactions: Good time Charlie
WHAT! you're wearing a jacket!

I'm confused. When did the CGO3+/TH480 start taking PNGs instead of JPGs or DNG???

The vertical lines look like something that would appear in the controller to indicate blown highlights.

Very weird.

I'm confused. When did the CGO3+/TH480 start taking PNGs instead of JPGs or DNG???

The vertical lines look like something that would appear in the controller to indicate blown highlights.

Very weird.

They were frame grabs from 4K video files.

Reactions: rdonson
It is possible that the scene you're capturing exceeds the dynamic range capability of the camera. In that case the best recourse is to take three shots or more with 2 stop difference (ex; -2, 0, -+2 EV) between each thus creating an HDR sequence. You can then take those three shots into a desktop app like Photoshop or Lightroom that can combine them to create a single image with the necessary dynamic range.

When I saw it on the ST-16 screen that is exactly what I thought, that it was showing what would be blown out in the photo. Unfortunately it was also in the actual mp4 and dng files on the SD card. Since the sensor was replaced, I just get blown out highlights as expected.

On a calm day I actually might try doing a three shot HDR composite, although the dng files seem to do well once adjustments are made in Adobe LR or PS5.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio