Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hurray! My TH Pro finally takes to the air!

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
OK guys, no more ribbing me about having a shelf ornament!!!

I got things squared away after finally getting to Florida. Charged the batteries and topped off the ST-16 battery. Took my bird “Kit” to a good launch site near the house, did the Compass calibration then took it for a cameraless flight of a square pattern and landing. All went well so I launched again and flew a large circle and landed.

Started a video on the iPhone and went for another flight. Was able to get a little of the flight captured, but not much. I need to get something to mount the iPhone to my decent tripod.

Changed batteries, mounted the CGO3+, and took a maiden video flight. After flying the Breeze, the TH is an absolute dreamboat. Very smooth flight, responsive controls, and the video is way better thanks to being on a good gimbal.

I’ll post some video after I process it and upload to YT.

Reaction score
OK guys, no more ribbing me about having a shelf ornament!!!

I got things squared away after finally getting to Florida. Charged the batteries and topped off the ST-16 battery. Took my bird “Kit” to a good launch site near the house, did the Compass calibration then took it for a cameraless flight of a square pattern and landing. All went well so I launched again and flew a large circle and landed.

Started a video on the iPhone and went for another flight. Was able to get a little of the flight captured, but not much. I need to get something to mount the iPhone to my decent tripod.

Changed batteries, mounted the CGO3+, and took a maiden video flight. After flying the Breeze, the TH is an absolute dreamboat. Very smooth flight, responsive controls, and the video is way better thanks to being on a good gimbal.

I’ll post some video after I process it and upload to YT.

Green with envy!!!

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Reaction score
We'll have 3 up once you give us the green light to come over and visit you.

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I’m going to look for a couple of good areas to fly at and get back with you guys.

I was really impressed with flying the TH in comparison to the Breeze. I flew in angle mode the whole time, and see that it is very good at keeping speeds at a good cinematic pace. Using the pan control on the gimbal works beautifully.

I found that I need to really do a better job setting the camera settings. It was very bright so I installed the ND 32 filter, but found that I had some highlights blow out giving me dark vertical lines in some clouds and reflections in the water.

Reaction score
hay @DoomMeister is it not just a great machine a dream to fly take no notice of the plus pushers lol ( not that i am jealous or any thing about the plus )
looking forwards to some pics and vids from you

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I have a budget overseer and the Plus had a Plus Price. I may have to go ahead and go for my 107 cert and do like AH-1G. Get a little extra cash and treat my accountant to dinner more often and sock away some cash to upgrade in the future. ;)

Fred Garvin

Holding Short
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
orbisdroneservices.com
Big reason I bought a Plus is because of how well and how enjoyable flying the H480 is. It’s a great bird and the CGO3+ is a really nice camera for the money. I have no plans to get rid of the 480.

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Big reason I bought a Plus is because of how well and how enjoyable flying the H480 is. It’s a great bird and the CGO3+ is a really nice camera for the money. I have no plans to get rid of the 480.

Neither would I FG. It’s a great backup for the Plus should anything unforeseen happen. I’m very happy with mine.

Fred Garvin

Holding Short
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
orbisdroneservices.com
It’s more than a backup, it’s a viable secondary platform. Until an affordable Team Mode solution presents for the H+, that’s just one use for the 480.

Reactions: Docdor
Reaction score
I have a budget overseer and the Plus had a Plus Price. I may have to go ahead and go for my 107 cert and do like AH-1G. Get a little extra cash and treat my accountant to dinner more often and sock away some cash to upgrade in the future. ;)
Mine gets 10% of the purchase price, she's happy with that at the moment

Reactions: DoomMeister

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robert1k