Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I KNEW I wasn't hallucinating!

Reaction score
In looking around my ST16 right after getting it, I thought I'd stumbled across something called DroneFly somewhere, but couldn't find it when I went looking for it later. But now I have! Go to Pad, Settings, Apps, and there it is, on the same page with the UAVToolbox I just loaded. Takes up a lot of room, and it has pretty much free run of the system based on the permissions it's granted, but there's no data showing for it. So the question is, what's it for, and what, if anything does it do? And most importantly, is it safe to delete it? Like I said, it takes up a fair bit of memory, and if it's not needed, I want it gone. Thanks!

Dave

Agreed... this app is definitely one installed by the previous user.

DroneFly

An app that is not in English? I would not risk it.

[UPDATE] NOT the same app that the OP is discussing.

Last edited:
Agreed... this app is definitely one installed by the previous user.

DroneFly

An app that is not in English? I would not risk it.

Not at all sure that that's the same app, the logo isn't even close, and I'd swear I've seen it somewhere before. Much as I'd like to dump it, until I'm absolutely certain it isn't part of the system somehow, I'm holding off. My uncertainty is increased by the fact that I saw the same app in a video, don't remember who's vid it was, but I have the impression it was someone respected in our weird little world. More research still needed, later.

Dave

Reactions: ChuckBridges
If I read this right, the controller has been hacked to enable app download off Google playstore? If so that's not ideal and could cause problems.

Well, I hate to contradict other more experienced people here, BUT...

I just did a factory reset on my ST16.
The DroneFly app seems to be a factory file, as I have it as well, and a factory reset did not delete it.
Now I need to look up the post for the broken line settings again to smooth out the jerk from hover to movement.
There it is!...

Just a thought... I have the Realsense module installed, and wonder if THAT may be why this app is there on some ST16s, and not on others?

Well, I hate to contradict other more experienced people here, BUT...

I just did a factory reset on my ST16.
The DroneFly app seems to be a factory file, as I have it as well, and a factory reset did not delete it.
Now I need to look up the post for the broken line settings again to smooth out the jerk from hover to movement.
There it is!...

Just a thought... I have the Realsense module installed, and wonder if THAT may be why this app is there on some ST16s, and not on others?

No one here is infallible... myself included. There is no reason to fear giving a contrarian opinion.
As for my post above, all I did was a search on the PlayStore site for any app called DroneFly. The link in the post above is the results of that search and is apparently not the same app. My apologies for any confusion. Unfortunately I no longer own a TH, so I have no current ST-16 to have a frame of reference.

The only app I added to my ST16 is UAV Toolbox. I do not have DroneFly on mine.

I have:
Browser
Calculator
Calendar
Clock
Downloads
Email
File Manager
FlightLogParser
Gallery
Google Settings
Maps
Movie Studio
Music
Play Store
Settings
Sound Recorder
UAV Toolbox

The only app I added to my ST16 is UAV Toolbox. I do not have DroneFly on mine.

I have:
Browser
Calculator
Calendar
Clock
Downloads
Email
File Manager
FlightLogParser
Gallery
Google Settings
Maps
Movie Studio
Music
Play Store
Settings
Sound Recorder
UAV Toolbox

Yup, that's the same as mine. But now go click on "Settings", then "Apps" from that page and see what you have. On THAT page, I have DroneFly and UAV Toolbox. So DroneFly is hiding in the system somewhere, it doesn't show up on the main App page. And the fact that there's an app with the same name, as well as a retailer, only adds to the confusion. BTW, the particular page it shows up on is one most of us would have no reason to even notice was there, it's the page you skip by when resetting Flightmode data after a firmware update. So maybe it IS there, but you've just never seen it. Will keep digging, it's what I do ? .

Dave

How about that!?? DroneFly!
Why is it there and what purpose does it serve????

How about that!?? DroneFly!
Why is it there and what purpose does it serve????
Could this be the explanation?

Another thought on the DroneFly app...
Maybe it is the app that controls the AC when using "Smart Mode" functions .... Follow me, Journey, POI, etc??

Yes, I have it too under Settings —> Apps. Just it and UAV Toolbox......but DronFly doesn’t show on the home screen.

I also see it under Settings, Apps along with UAVToolbox (I installed the latter). So it must be a standard app in the ST-16. I would hazard a guess that this app gets called by FlightMode at some point during flight. I’ll tug on the grapevine and see if anything comes from it.

@Ty Pilot, does DroneFly show up on the ST-16S?

Probably only Yuneec would know the answer 100%. Whether they would divulge it who knows.Email them.

I have not been into the pad of my standard H in quite a while. One thing is for sure, I have not installed UAV Toolbox or any other apps. Will check this evening and let you know what I find.

Tuna forum members response in December 2016
I believe DroneFly is an 'internal app' that basically supports the main Flight Mode app that you get on start up.

For FlightLogParser, you need to make your internet connection then start the app. I've heard there are better apps out there though ;)

I also see it under Settings, Apps along with UAVToolbox (I installed the latter). So it must be a standard app in the ST-16. I would hazard a guess that this app gets called by FlightMode at some point during flight. I’ll tug on the grapevine and see if anything comes from it.

@Ty Pilot, does DroneFly show up on the ST-16S?

Will check my ST-16s too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430