Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I need help reading the telemetry

Reaction score
Here is a Step by Step Guide for getting the telemetry files from a Typhoon H Plus - However the same steps are used to get the files from a regular Typhoon but the root folder has a different name if I remember correctly.

1] You will want to first create an empty folder on your desktop - if you need help with this it is simple - Right click anywhere on your desktop in clear space and select "New Folder" when it is created you will have a chance to name it as Doom mentions above.

2] In step 6 of the guide linked above you will see four folders, Right click on them and 'copy' each one and the 'Paste' them into the new folder you created

3] Once the folder you created - has all four (4) of the telemetry files - make sure it is named as Doom Mentions and load it up to the forum

Here is a simple video on creating folders and all the other steps needed to get and manage files.

Hello
I put my micro SD in
My phone. I hope you
Can assist in looking at these files.
To see if I had a battery issue
Thanks
Keith Kuhn

Attachments

• 12282019.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 17
Here is a Step by Step Guide for getting the telemetry files from a Typhoon H Plus - However the same steps are used to get the files from a regular Typhoon but the root folder has a different name if I remember correctly.

1] You will want to first create an empty folder on your desktop - if you need help with this it is simple - Right click anywhere on your desktop in clear space and select "New Folder" when it is created you will have a chance to name it as Doom mentions above.

2] In step 6 of the guide linked above you will see four folders, Right click on them and 'copy' each one and the 'Paste' them into the new folder you created

3] Once the folder you created - has all four (4) of the telemetry files - make sure it is named as Doom Mentions and load it up to the forum

Here is a simple video on creating folders and all the other steps needed to get and manage files.

Hello you HEXY PILOT
Thanks for all your info.
I hope you and others
received my Telem Files.
Appreciate all the info
I can get.
Keith Kuhn

Hi Keith,

how old is the battery? From the discarge curve it looks like an old one. If the drone consumes power then voltage drops to harsh. This points to a high internal resistance. This is probably the battery but it could also be the battery connector in rare cases.
Battery_1.png
Battery capacity drops in the first seconds after arming the copter from 97% to 63%, not good.
Also flight times below ten minutes points to an aged battery.

br HE

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Okay, I am seeing 13 boot cycles (081 - 093), of which only 5 were actual flights.

I see on Christmas day you had a flight of around 8 minutes where you covered 2,445 meters with a max altitude of 63 meters all looks normal, but I would add that the battery was taken down to around 13.8 volts. So an eight (8) minute flight sounds about right if these are older batteries and used in the cold (don'rt really know where you are at)

The other flights look about the same showing some starts were not at full charge and the flights lasting about 3 or four minutes. To me this points to aged batteries that perhaps are at their end. Why they are there depends so much on how they have been used and stored over their lifetime. If these are three year old batteries that have only been charged usimng the stock charger I would say that this is about the best you should expect.

Reactions: John Hennessy
I think OP said they were 2017 ones in an earlier post? Most batteries IR are condition health are beginning to deteriorate by now, I do have 2016/17 batteries still with low IR, and late 2018 ones with higher IR right from receiving, suggesting poor storage, or poorer quality components, ironically my best is 2016 which gets me a 15 minute flight. The ultrax ones act differently to the yuneec even new ones with low IR, they lose more voltage on take off but then are slower to discharge during the flight with 10/15 minutes.

Reactions: John Hennessy
Hi Keith,

how old is the battery? From the discarge curve it looks like an old one. If the drone consumes power then voltage drops to harsh. This points to a high internal resistance. This is probably the battery but it could also be the battery connector in rare cases.
View attachment 19522
Battery capacity drops in the first seconds after arming the copter from 97% to 63%, not good.

br HE
New batteries and a decent charger, and the wrong side of Christmas too Keith.

Hi Keith,

View attachment 19522

Thank you so much
I labeled the battery
as 2017 - but it was never
Balanced charged or properly maintained
with a good charger like
It should have been.
Now I will concentrate on
getting a decent charger .
Then I can check out my other Batts .
Hi Keith,

View attachment 19522

br HE

If you lift the battery flap cover on the back, there should be inside a sticker with numbers which should give you an approximate date of construction/ assembly.

New batteries and a decent charger, and the wrong side of Christmas too Keith.
If you lift the battery flap cover on the back, there should be inside a sticker with numbers which should give you an approximate date of construction/ assembly.

I will for sure check that out now.
I cannot make any sense of those numbers

I have 4 Batts all the
same date.

Yes I see it now.
Thank You
So mine is Jan 04 2016
And the others are all Identical dates.
Thanks
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Andrew Grant

Members online