Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I phone and controller?

Reaction score
So will I phone cause an error to controlling the drone if it’s too close?
Got message magnetic interference i the drone would not respond!
Lucky that it went into ivory and I was able to grab it so it didn’t go to the ground.
Luck for my grand son I was there!

So does anyone know for sure that iPhone will cause this to happen if it’s too close to the st16
He lost control, and got a message magnetic interference when trying to land ?

I’ve never heard of anyone reporting “magnetic interference” from any phone except for when calibrating the compass. It is just considered a good practice to keep the phone away from the H at least 26’. BTW the same GPS and compass in the H are also in the ST16.

What I and others have experienced is compass errors on landings likely attributed to metal objects seen and unseen near the landing spot. For example I have seen “compass errors” on some concrete pads that likely have a good amount of rebar in them.

I’ve also experienced compass errors from buried gas pipelines.

I’ve never heard of anyone reporting “magnetic interference” from any phone except for when calibrating the compass. It is just considered a good practice to keep the phone away from the H at least 26’. BTW the same GPS and compass in the H are also in the ST16.

What I and others have experienced is compass errors on landings likely attributed to metal objects seen and unseen near the landing spot. For example I have seen “compass errors” on some concrete pads that likely have a good amount of rebar in them.

I’ve also experienced compass errors from buried gas pipelines.
You think if he was to close to a bbq that would contribute to loss of controls working, did you get a magnetic interference on the st16 ⚠️

I’m not sure where you’re heading with this. As in most things in life you’re free to do whatever you wish as long as it doesn’t impinge on others. If you wish to fly with your smart phone in your pocket that’s your choice. If you wish to fly near large metal objects that’s your choice.

The ST16 reports compass errors which most assume are a report from the H. It never says magnetic interference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech