Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I think the people on this forum deserve a pat on the back

Reaction score
I was just going over some new and old threads that are posted for various models and, after about 1 hour of reading and perusing, I have come to the conclusion that the people in this forum are awesome. Everyone seems to jump right in and help other people when they have questions or trouble. Whether simple questions like NFZ firmware, questions on modding your bird, or complex circuit board connections, someone always comes up with an answer, or suggestion or can point you to where you can find an answer. A big pat on the back to all who help, and kudo's to all who are brave enough to ask. As a wise man one said, "there are no stupid questions". Thank you all!

All you engineers can implement what you think is needed, I'm the CEO that will decides what goes.
There's a budget, we must work within the % of this budget. At what cost will the market bare? ROI.
Since some of you Eng's didn't' get your way, you'll go home whining. But don't, there's always phase 2.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Could everyone actually agree on it though?

They would not have to as such a well designed drone would allow for integration of products and software to serve customer specific requirements. Unfortunately, to do that the drone would need to be the size of a city bus.

Reactions: Docdor and biltno
Remember the words of the greatest engineer ever "The more they overthink the plumbing... The easier it is to stop up the drain!" Montgomery Scott, Chief Engineer USS Enterprise
Yep, he did have a Cracker Jack Engineering Degree.

Reactions: biltno
The saying is from the movie The Search for Spock, when Scotty removes some chips from the Transwarp drive of the USS Excelsior while they are stealing the Enterprise..

Sorry... nerd.

Reactions: FePhoenix
The saying is from the movie The Search for Spock, when Scotty removes some chips from the Transwarp drive of the USS Excelsior while they are stealing the Enterprise..

Sorry... nerd.
Well cabin fever does get to ya,

There are people who ask stupid questions, you and I know that!:rolleyes:
You do wonder where these folks got their education, or lack of?

Yep, he did have a Cracker Jack Engineering Degree.

Those are the best ones to have as they imply the holder knows how to make things work. Reminds me of a conversation over morning coffee with a couple of Greek container ship company's diesel engine engineers in Sicily. They were asking me what my job title at the time was. I replied "technician". They asked me what I did and it got deep into engines, design, and engine performance. They politely corrected me and said I was an engineer. I replied that as I had not gone to school for and obtained an engineering degree I could not be classed an engineer in my home country. They asked me a simple question; "Could your engineers do what you do and make it work?" I said no. They both looked at me and said; "You're an engineer".

All that felt pretty good for the moment. When I returned home I was a technician again;)

Last edited:
They asked me a simple question; "Could your engineers do what you do and make it work?" I said no. They both looked at me and said; "You're an engineer".

All that felt pretty good for the moment. When I returned home I was a technician again;)
Do not sell yourself short Pat! An Engineering degree does not make an engineer. At the core of engineering it is problem solving thru innovation, an education doesn't necessarily teach you what it takes to be good at it. In my experience technicians usually make better engineers. Ingenuity, resourcefulness, and hands on experience is what gets the real world problems solved and gets the job done. I would rather brainstorm with a good technician than with another engineer, ....or worse yet a team of engineers!:eek:

Reactions: Docdor
Yup. As a technician for TELUS, my job was to install all of the new equipment in the offices (central offices). I was constantly correcting specs on how to install the equipment. Once I got a spec with the note "God I hope this works". It did, after I re-engineered the job. Guess who got the commendation for making a difficult job work. Hint.... not the Journeyman Technician.

Many times I got to observe how that works, all the way up to the point people received company awards and recognition for work they had virtually nothing to do with. Kind of makes you realize how insecure they must be.

Reactions: Docdor and DCH
Yup. Our managers and the engineers were 230 km away (about 140 miles). We saw them about twice a year. The rest of the time we were left alone. That was reward enough for us. We only heard from them if they needed something, or it was our annual review time (and half the time not even then). I loved my job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my