Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I tried the alternate landing method...

Reaction score
and it was amazing.
A typhoon H user pointed out a new undocumented landing method where the H is close to the ground and you press the red start/stop button. I tried it and it works really well and feels great. As soon as you press the button it gently lowers and if you let go, it holds,,,, but as soon as it touches the ground when holding the button it settles and the props stop. It feels natural.

I can't remember if it was on here, FB or a YouTube video.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Year and a half flying the H and it's always landed on its feet and remains upright. Can't figure out what's so different about the two I have...

I've come to the conclusion that all H's are not equal. Some seem to be more stable than others. I really think there are differences in the IMU that affect the stability.

Im not sure how I feel about the Start/stop button landing, both my aircraft units are rock solid on air but close to land the ground effect throws them off a bit inducing a bit of horizontal movement, so each landing I perform is a play of both sticks to a achieve the smoothest landing possible (for my taste anyway).

Ive seen a couple of videos where the H descends straight down, but I feel mine would tend to "dance" a bit as they get closer to the ground.

Greetings!

Im not sure how I feel about the Start/stop button landing, both my aircraft units are rock solid on air but close to land the ground effect throws them off a bit inducing a bit of horizontal movement, so each landing I perform is a play of both sticks to a achieve the smoothest landing possible (for my taste anyway).
Ive seen a couple of videos where the H descends straight down, but I feel mine would tend to "dance" a bit as they get closer to the ground.
Greetings!
Try it. You might be surprised.

Anything that helps people get their aircraft back on the ground safely can be a good thing but I have concerns about the durability of the landing gear latches when they're subjected to numerous 'drop in" landings. At $30.00 a side it's a pricey component to sacrifice, and can place a lot of stress on the gimbal when a gear leg collapses to allow the gimbal to become secondary landing gear.

Pat, if they drop from more than a foot (?) this could be a problem. But the same thing can be done using only the left stick.

IF they wait on the red button till their baby is less that a foot high, say 6", the red button landing is as soft as landing in jello.

I know you don't like the red butt landing.:rolleyes: Maybe the next firmware will help your cause...:D
How about that 520?

b30 seems to slow descent speed quite a bit. Prior to that, and even now, the H can be set down evenly and not tip if controls are handled properly. OTOH, one way to assure the H tips is to drive it straight to the ground from altitude.

But people need to do what works for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rayray
Yep. Learning is not over at the end of the lesson...
Thanks to you and other great members here I learn something useful practically every day.

Does anyone no if they make a typhoon h Drone parachute system?
I've seen a few attempts but honestly the chances of it working are very slim. Most crashes happen at lower altitudes which wouldn't allow time for it to work. Then you have the problem of getting tangled in the props.

I've seen a few attempts but honestly the chances of it working are very slim. Most crashes happen at lower altitudes which wouldn't allow time for it to work. Then you have the problem of getting tangled in the props.
Got ya.. I just seen them on ebay for the dji and was wondering thanks for the reply..

Got ya.. I just seen them on ebay for the dji and was wondering thanks for the reply..
From what I've seen, the chute opens just as the bird hits the ground. The chances of being 300' high when something goes wrong is a stretch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval