Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Idea for the black unused button.

Reaction score
I don't know if Yuneec is planning something for this black button but I have an idea.
How about a return to transmitter (ST16) and hover. Just like return to home but say you're on the move. Maybe your hiking or something and it gets out of your site. With a "return to ST16 and follow" button where you can preset a height on return. Then if you're still moving it will return to the ST16 and hover (at the height you set) and follow if you're still moving. This sounds absolutely awesome to me (yea, I don't use "awesome" often but here it works).

Thoughts?
Was there a thread about uses for this button? I didn't search first. Just got real keyed about this option idea.

hi Manny!

Although we can now turn off GPS with a few menu "clicks", I'd rather see that Aux button programmed to toggle GPS. Much quicker whenever the need arises, sometimes at low altitude, if and when the 'circle flight' kicks in unexpectedly.

With that said, I could see a user assignable action whereas we can choose from a lists of options as to what we want that button to do. Your idea could be in the list as well as the GPS on/off option. More could be added as the ideas come in, either by Yuneec or if the software developers kit becomes reality and others show off their skills.

Jeff

P.S. That reference to circling was made for a reason. i will be updating another thread with my latest flight tests. What seemed a solid 'failure' four days ago is no longer. Go figure!

I don't know if Yuneec is planning something for this black button but I have an idea.
How about a return to transmitter (ST16) and hover. Just like return to home but say you're on the move. Maybe your hiking or something and it gets out of your site. With a "return to ST16 and follow" button where you can preset a height on return. Then if you're still moving it will return to the ST16 and hover (at the height you set) and follow if you're still moving. This sounds absolutely awesome to me (yea, I don't use "awesome" often but here it works).

Thoughts?
Was there a thread about uses for this button? I didn't search first. Just got real keyed about this option idea.
When you select RTH or Home on the mode switch the H will always fly back to the ST16 even if it is moving. After it gets close, say 100', you can switch to Smart mode and it will follow the ST16. You can still control the altitude while it follows. It will also adjust altitude on it's own if you are going up or down hills. However, you want to make sure it has plenty of altitude to begin with to clear trees etc.

Thoughts?
Here is a link to another thread. Follow the instructions to translate the video then watch it many, many, many, many,many, times. aux switch

What the OP is asking to do already is built in to the controller unless I'm missing something.
It is at that, but the link will show how to use the button for other things. I think it's just a matter of the OP doing some trial and error to get the results it already does with out adjusting the radio.

When you select RTH or Home on the mode switch the H will always fly back to the ST16 even if it is moving. After it gets close, say 100', you can switch to Smart mode and it will follow the ST16. You can still control the altitude while it follows. It will also adjust altitude on it's own if you are going up or down hills. However, you want to make sure it has plenty of altitude to begin with to clear trees etc.
Kind of confused, I thought the RTH switch returned and will land at the original takeoff point. But what if you're not there. Maybe you're a half mile from that takeoff point? Reading the manual and it vaguely says about HOME MODE.
"...flies back to the home point, or active home point if the ST16 Ground Station has enough satellites for Follow Me, then descend vertically until it lands".
This information direct from the manual leaves too many unanswered questions. I'm really rooting for the "Improved manual" thread on the Typhoon H home page to come to fruition.

Kind of confused, I thought the RTH switch returned and will land at the original takeoff point. But what if you're not there. Maybe you're a half mile from that takeoff point? Reading the manual and it vaguely says about HOME MODE.
"...flies back to the home point, or active home point if the ST16 Ground Station has enough satellites for Follow Me, then descend vertically until it lands".
This information direct from the manual leaves too many unanswered questions. I'm really rooting for the "Improved manual" thread on the Typhoon H home page to come to fruition.
Yes, the manual could use some work for sure.
The home point is always the ST16. If you travel 1/2 mile while flying, the H will track the controller. Anytime you change to Smart mode the H will follow the controller. To test it, put the H up 50' and 50' away from you and then walk forward or to the side. It will move in the same direction by the same amount.
It's a great design so you never have to go back to the launch point to retrieve your bird. Just make sure when you use smart mode to keep the H high enough to clear everything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone