Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

If someone has a moment......

Reaction score
to look at the telemetry file and help me figure out what went wrong. I was coming in for a landing when the Q started making this fluttering sound then went down on the pavement. Looks like a total loss.

Attachments

• Telemetry_00033.zip
    131 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: DCH
Bummer! How far did it fall?

Fell about 25 ft. Camera, air frame and FCB all busted up pretty bad. Not much that is salvageable.

Yeah thats a bummer. All I can see is that there was a low voltage warning towards the end of the flight, I didn't see any motor warnings and the motor status for the whole flight was '15' or All Okay. I have not looked at any Q500 telemetry so maybe I have missed something.

to look at the telemetry file and help me figure out what went wrong. I
Not real good at reading these things, but it looks like you went from full charge to a low of 10.4 volts in about 6 min. Bad Battery? the voltage scale is on the right in this graphic, the voltage is the blue line.

Grumpy.JPG

Reactions: h-elsner
Sorry guys, I posted the wrong file. If you would, this is the one at the time of the crash.

Attachments

• Telemetry_00036.zip
    48.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Can we get the Remote_00036.csv and RemoteGPS_00036.csv too? A proper analysis is only possible with the complete FlightLog.

It came not down with free fall but with around 6m/s. Maximum should be 3m/s. It could caused by a break-down of the battery. The flight battery is not the best one. This is also seen in the flight no 33.
The battery goes down from 90% to 57% in the moment the motors need power at the very begin of the flight. At the end it is around 10V when the trouble begins. This is far too less to fight against the own downwash.
Motor error and Emergency flight mode are caused by hit the ground.
Draw away this battery in any case.

br HE

Sorry guys, I posted the wrong file. If you would, this is the one at the time of the crash.
Still bad battery. Not sure if low voltage caused motor failure, or if motor failure ate up the last of the battery. Other folks will have to provide the real answer. This is just surface level stuff, and not sure interpretation is accurate.

Attachments

• Grumpy2.JPG
    Grumpy2.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 11
Grumpy 00036 final seconds.png

I agree with h-elsner about the battery in both telemetry files. You may have a problem with the charger also as there is only 12.4V at start of files and a fully charged battery should be 12.6V. I would suspect that there is at least one cell that has a high IR reading.

The graph above is of about the last 25 seconds of flight at a height of just over 72 meters.
1. @18:28:10 you get initial Low Voltage Alarm under 2 seconds with altitude 72.1 meters
2. @18:28:28.8 you get a consistent Low Voltage Alarm with altitude 72.4 meters
3. @18:28:32.7 you get initial 2nd Low Voltage Alarm still with altitude 72.4 meters
4. @18:28:43.3 you get a consistent 2nd Low Voltage Alarm with altitude 62 meters
5. @18:28:46.5 you reach a Critical Voltage level (red line in graph) voltage <10V with altitude 38 meters

This is the point where you hear the flutter as there is not enough power left to provide lift. Sorry for the loss of your Q Grumpy. You are not the first nor the last to lose your craft to a weak battery.

We would still like to see the Remote and Remote_GPS files that correspond to the telemetry.

First of all, thanks you guys for looking at the telemetry. Attached other requested files. Also I was under the impression the Q was suppose to auto land when the battery got low or maybe it's wishful thinking on my part.

Attachments

• Remote.zip
    677.4 KB · Views: 3
  • RemoteGPS.zip
    436.8 KB · Views: 3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio