Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

If you use Air Map, Delete it.

Reaction score
Air Map is supporting HR 2930 The Drone Innovation Act. This will be a catastrophe for the hobbyist and the commercial use of drones. Uninstall the app and go to their website and leave a comment in their contact page stating why you did it.

See this:

Drone U

What's the problem with AirMap.io? I have it and it looks similar to other restricted area maps, at least in the areas I'm familiar with.
I usually use AltitudeAngel.com because it gives you phone numbers for the all (or almost all?) airports. I've used this to let the controller at small local airports know that I will be flying the camera UAS in a certain area (within their 5-mile radius) below a certain altitude (400') and at a certain time. So far, that has worked out OK.

OK, I just read some of the other posts on the subject and see the problems with the Drone Innovation Act. AirMap seems to be supporting the lesser of 2 evils, keeping the airspace between 200 and 400 feet available for drones. But, we really don't want state and local governments making a patchwork of arbitrary rules.

So far, Federal Judges seem to be upholding the FAA's authority to regulate ALL airspace.
Federal Judge Rules on State and Local Government Right to Regulate Drones

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio