Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I'll bet few, if any have experience this!

No, it was on Facebook. I just thought it was an intriguing photo. Probably staged somehow.
I did have a situation a while back where I flew into the path of some buzzards circling around. They seemed disinterested.

It also looks like an old Syma x8 as it has geared brushed motors and a cheap trainer and like WTF D Prospect said the tether on the leg suggests a trained bird that they have at most large sporting events. Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: ChuckBridges
Thankfully, the hawks, falcons and eagles I fly around are not trained to attack. This doesn't mean that I don't maneuver left and right as fast as I can while I descend. As far as I am concerned, they have the right of way. I am staying away from their area right now as they have young ones and I do not want to disturb them. Right now, I have my hands full with my Granddaughter. Come to think of it, sometimes I have to go left and right as fast as I can to keep up with her!?

That would be a one in a million shot if captured so close in a 100% natural occurrence. If an untrained wild bird would even latch on to a running drone and not get severely injured and have another drone right next to it to capture it

That happened to me last fall. My Breeze was snatched right out of the air while RTH was active. Bald eagle actually grabbed it from the under side. First it did a fly-by then flipped around then went lower to the ground nearly flying upside down at the time of strike. That eagle acted as if it was road kill. It didn't seem to have any issues avoiding spinning props.

Never saw that Breeze again.

Reactions: robbie2
I've seen this before. It was a Dutch government using birds to attack drones
Yes it was. I’m Dutch and I remember seeing this on the news. The project was canceled though. It was critisized by animal rights organizations and there were more effective and less expensive ways to take down a drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430