Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I'm done with the Breeze 4K

Reaction score
After taking back the first drone, after 3 days of battery trouble, I exchange it for another Breeze 4k. This one the battery held up great and you could not ask for better flying time with the Yuneec battery. Yesterday I go out and fly and everything is working as should and having no trouble at all. This morning about 10 am I go out and fly and the drone did just fine with no trouble at all. What comes next I would not have expected. I also have an app that tells me if the time is good to fly showed having 17 sats available and everything looked great. By the way, this was around 3:20 pm the next time I tried to fly, with a few small clouds but mostly clear. I take the little Breeze 4K out and set it where I always set it to launch. I connect, show 17 sats and everything else was a green light. So, I press to take off and it goes up and hovers about 3' and then all the sudden it started acting erratically going up and down, I couldn't control it, and looking at the app, it showed everything still good. It went down and hit the ground and went into several pieces. I put it back together the best I could and placed everything back into the box and it will be taken back just as soon as I can. I sure liked the Breeze 4K (when it acts right) but no heads up for what it did is unexplained in any of the books that came with it. No warnings. I have an idea of what might have happened (heat wave or something between sats and drone or whatever you call it) but they should have some warning signs. Anyway, that's it for me. I will be taking it back. Now, I will have to do something with the two extra batteries I have on the way... I will have to try another drone of some sort within my budget...going to be hard to find. Has anyone else had the same trouble?

After taking back the first drone, after 3 days of battery trouble, I exchange it for another Breeze 4k. This one the battery held up great and you could not ask for better flying time with the Yuneec battery. Yesterday I go out and fly and everything is working as should and having no trouble at all. This morning about 10 am I go out and fly and the drone did just fine with no trouble at all. What comes next I would not have expected. I also have an app that tells me if the time is good to fly showed having 17 sats available and everything looked great. By the way, this was around 3:20 pm the next time I tried to fly, with a few small clouds but mostly clear. I take the little Breeze 4K out and set it where I always set it to launch. I connect, show 17 sats and everything else was a green light. So, I press to take off and it goes up and hovers about 3' and then all the sudden it started acting erratically going up and down, I couldn't control it, and looking at the app, it showed everything still good. It went down and hit the ground and went into several pieces. I put it back together the best I could and placed everything back into the box and it will be taken back just as soon as I can. I sure liked the Breeze 4K (when it acts right) but no heads up for what it did is unexplained in any of the books that came with it. No warnings. I have an idea of what might have happened (heat wave or something between sats and drone or whatever you call it) but they should have some warning signs. Anyway, that's it for me. I will be taking it back. Now, I will have to do something with the two extra batteries I have on the way... I will have to try another drone of some sort within my budget...going to be hard to find. Has anyone else had the same trouble?
My question is when did you calibrate it and did you fly it in the same area each time?

My question is when did you calibrate it and did you fly it in the same area each time?
Yes, it was calibrated and yes I flew it in the same place as before. All this happen at taking off. Hover about 3'. Never had this issue before. Motors accelerated and went straight up. Again everything said all was good to go. I have an old Promark P70 CW drone (non GPS)I have had for about two years and never had this type of trouble out it. The only bad thing about the Old promark is, you don't want to fly it in any wind.

Sorry for the troubles you’ve had with the Breeze. This last trouble sounds like the IR sensor was having troubles. We’re you launching off of a bright or reflective surface?

Sorry for the troubles you’ve had with the Breeze. This last trouble sounds like the IR sensor was having troubles. We’re you launching off of a bright or reflective surface?
It launched up and hovered off the ground about 3'. It would drift a bit (a few inches) nothing bad, it started sounding like the motors were accelerating up and down and it moved up and back down real quick. I tried to get it to land with the landing button but it just had a mind of its own. Then went up and came back down and to the ground and the bottom cover came off, broke the glass over the sensor, bent one of the blades, one of the legs came off, and one of the inside covers to a landing leg came off (it had some sort of wired board in it which might have been the wifi antenna?not sure, just guessing), and the GPS cover came off...other than that it's in pretty good shap..hi hi....I took it inside snapped it back together and flew it in the house (Hovering). It seems as if it wanted to act up inside too but I was able to control it.
I guess to the question you asked. It was bright outside, I took off from the grass as I had several times before but, the sidewalk was close, about 2' away. The sun was bright in the area, I have a chainlink fence and a cellar in the area but had not had that trouble before...unless it was just the time of day and the clear bright weather? I just don't know...

The area you launched from was fine. Surfaces that might confuse the IR and Flow sensors would be light colored or painted concrete or deck, white plastic or tarp when they are in really bright sunlight.

It is a shame that Yuneec seems to have such poor quality control. To get two Breezes with problems out of the box is rare, but not unheard of. Do you mind telling us where you purchased your Breezes?

The area you launched from was fine. Surfaces that might confuse the IR and Flow sensors would be light colored or painted concrete or deck, white plastic or tarp when they are in really bright sunlight.

It is a shame that Yuneec seems to have such poor quality control. To get two Breezes with problems out of the box is rare, but not unheard of. Do you mind telling us where you purchased your Breezes?

I purchased them at a Walmart. They had not been opened and the first one looked great and would fly only about 3 or 4 minutes before I needed to charge the battery. So, I exchanged it for the one I will be taking back. But, when I opened the 2nd one the bottom cover seem to have a very small gape between it and the body and while looking at it it seem the sensors where right up to the glass. It just did seem right but I didn't know if it was made that way or not and it seem to be missing some of the paper instructions such as warnings, FAA card with warnings...It might have been Friday when they put this one in the box. Both boxes had the cellophane on them. I could not believe I could get two back to back with problems...It might have been the weather, time of day, not sure. I have an app on my iPhone called UAVforcast and it tells the weather wind speed, wind gust, Good to fly or not, how many sats, sats locked precip prob could covor etc. along with the breeze cam app that said everything was fine to launch. I'm just puzzled when on day or a few hours before it was doing just great and then the next time it was like it was angry and didn't want to fly...

or Walmart rewrapped a return if papers were missing from the box

Reactions: Crashking
or Walmart rewrapped a return if papers were missing from the box
Possible but, not sure...I can't find anymore around...and these were the last in this area...I don't know if I want to try it again...I might contact Yuneec before returning it and see what they have to say.

Interested in buying anything extra you might have purchased that you won't be returning. If caveman doesn't buy your batts I'll buy them.

Interested in buying anything extra you might have purchased that you won't be returning. If caveman doesn't buy your batts I'll buy them.
I have already listed them on eBay...anyone who wants to look they are listed under my username. Right now I will have to sell them through eBay.
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval