Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

In the end, ACCIDENT happened

Reaction score
Well, sooner or later I had to go and it happened to me, I crashed my H and not my fault unfortunately.

I was doing panoramicas to make tests, and before I gave the low battery warning plan a little drone would be about 30 meters from me and about 10/15 meters high, and I saw something big that hits the drone and hear the blow at that distance.

The drone started to move strangely and decided to land it, did not respond well or finished down to land it and about 7/8 meters high the H runs out of strength and falls.

Worst of all and the weirdest lens of the camera has been separated from the body by the impact, it seems that the base where the lens is screwed has been split, the clips have been bent and one of the arms has been broken from the impact with the "UFO" and the helix of that disintegrated arm only the base of the propeller has remained in the rotor.

On Sunday I will start to dismantle and see that I have to buy to fix it but I am very worried about the lens of the camera and that the engines will run out of strength and the drone will fall without giving it time to land it.

I have seen that a fellow happened something similar with the engines the truth that is a ***** XD

Shortly I will post photos of how the drone has been, it does not have much luck to fall on the legs.

a greeting

Well, sooner or later I had to go and it happened to me, I crashed my H and not my fault unfortunately.

I was doing panoramicas to make tests, and before I gave the low battery warning plan a little drone would be about 30 meters from me and about 10/15 meters high, and I saw something big that hits the drone and hear the blow at that distance.

The drone started to move strangely and decided to land it, did not respond well or finished down to land it and about 7/8 meters high the H runs out of strength and falls.

Worst of all and the weirdest lens of the camera has been separated from the body by the impact, it seems that the base where the lens is screwed has been split, the clips have been bent and one of the arms has been broken from the impact with the "UFO" and the helix of that disintegrated arm only the base of the propeller has remained in the rotor.

On Sunday I will start to dismantle and see that I have to buy to fix it but I am very worried about the lens of the camera and that the engines will run out of strength and the drone will fall without giving it time to land it.

I have seen that a fellow happened something similar with the engines the truth that is a ***** XD

Shortly I will post photos of how the drone has been, it does not have much luck to fall on the legs.

a greeting

I’ve got an extra camera lens front body if you get that deep.

Hello, thank you, as soon as I have the pictures I upload them, someone else commented that his lens was not subject, I guess the same happened to him and he had the broken piece or so I think XD

Here are the photos at the end it does not seem that the drone has much damage, broken clips and an arm split by the base. Does anyone know how to remove the plastic parts from the arms?

And the camera apparently the lens is attached will have to see a solution.

A greeting.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg
I've uploaded the logs in the help forum in case anyone can help me know what happened.

Here are the photos at the end it does not seem that the drone has much damage, broken clips and an arm split by the base. Does anyone know how to remove the plastic parts from the arms?

And the camera apparently the lens is attached will have to see a solution.

A greeting.
View attachment 9955 View attachment 9956 View attachment 9957 View attachment 9958 View attachment 9959 View attachment 9960 View attachment 9961
I've uploaded the logs in the help forum in case anyone can help me know what happened.

I’m dubious the camera will be ok or you had a very poorly glued on lens from the factory. The arm you buy as a unit sold as A or B and you can buy with or without motor. The clips are super cheap but make sure the other side metal lock did not chip at all. If everything fires up, I’d check the motors with the GUI and make sure none got damaged in the crash. It doesn’t take much to kill a magnet and get a funky motor that seems ok. If the strike was enough to break props you can get lucky and the motor is fine. This seems true with branches and trees that give some on strike. The ground, rock faces, and buildings are less forgiving and in my experience, damage motors. I’d suggest just buying the complete arm with motor for the labor saving plus confidence in new motor.

Hello Craig, thanks for the answer, the camera works perfectly only the lens has come out, a very strange thing.

The arm I'm going to buy full because it is not worth the price difference buy without motor or clables.

The cheapest clips that I have found are € 5, WHICH IS ONLY A CAST IRON ha ha ha ha ha

Regarding the accident the H fell on the legs because it had stopped the broken clips is to fall without power from about 5 meters.

Thank you.

Good. I had a similar crash with my first RS model when the IPS did some weirdness. I bought both arm clips and locking tabs and arms. There are threads here on camera lens repair but I think the biggest concern is the sensor being exposed with that lens off. It might be possible to carefully re-glue that lens back on. I have a full front part of the camera - sensor and body with lens but man tearing down the camera is tricky and something I still don’t have down so I pay qualified dealers to repair.

a greeting
What hit the drone (bird ?)

CraigCam I bought a new camera and bought a pixelaero lens to close the viewing angle and thus have the two options when recording.

Desempolvar Well I could not tell you, something big was but I do not know if a bird because we did not see anything on the ground.

Thanx.

Smart move. My destroyed cameras are soon going in for repairs and lens upgrades. Let me know how you like the lens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece