Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Indoor flight in NFZ/ disable GPS

Reaction score
I like to use the Mantis Q indoors but the hall is in a no flight zone (close to airport).
The Mantis GPS is very sensitive and it receives GPS signal even inside the hangar.
Therefore I cant start the drone! It recognize the nfz location.
Is there any way to deactivate gps and activate IPS mode manually?
Any other ideas?

Try disabling location services on your phone while still outside of the NFZ. Then disable GPS in the Pilot app while at the hall to place the Mantis indoor flight mode (you will see satellites, but the GPS will not be used for positioning). I believe the Mantis and Pilot app work on the same principle as the Breeze and Breeze Cam app for determining NFZ areas.

Let us know if this works.

Thanks for the advice. I will try on Tuesday and post the result.
Where can I disable the GPS in the application? Could not find any option to disable GPS.

Thanks for the advice. I will try on Tuesday and post the result.
Where can I disable the GPS in the application? Could not find any option to disable GPS.

I stand corrected on being able to turn off GPS in the Pilot app. I just checked the User Manual and IPS activates automatically when GPS does not lock. This is odd as GPS is highly unreliable in any indoor setting due to attenuation and reflections of the signals. I am attaching the User Manual in case you haven’t downloaded it from the Yuneec site yet.

If not having a way to deactivate GPS keeps the Mantis from indoor flight near an airport that will stink. There are a lot of people that do indoor flying during the winter.

Attachments

• Mantis Q_USER MANUAL_V1.0_20180921.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 14

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval