Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

INDOOR FLIGHT Typhoon H

Reaction score
I am not new to Drones, but, I am far from an Expert.
I need to take some indoor video of a conveyor system, it's in a large warehouse and I will not be able to use GPS. I am okay flying like this, but the Typhoon H drifts a lot. When I adjust the trim for the right stick, it stops drifting as much, but as soon as I start to fly, it resets. how can I trim the unit for a given flight?
I have tried IPS mode, but its unpredictable......

NOTE: I never calibrated this unit.

when taking a video:
I like the idea of team mode, but don't know about flying the H with the wizard without GPS.
Thoughts? Should I but another ST16?

another question, can I have the H follow the wizard, without controlling it from the wizard.

An example, I am flying the H with the ST16 , but want my kids to carry the Wizard so the camera can stay on them while I fly, or follow them but I have override capability from the ST16..

I presume you have RealSense on this H?
What procedure are you following to use IPS? It should not drift.

RealSense is Installed.

GPS turned off to enter IPS, I am holding left stick (down/left) and toggling the Angle/Home/Smart rocker.

In mode 2 I need to hold the right stick +25 and +50% Up and to the right. to hover. else the H flight left and forward pretty quickly

Turn on the ST16 and open Hardware Monitor. Watch the graphs when moving the sticks. They should go full scale smoothly and then back to exactly zero at center stick.

If GPS is off and IPS is controlling the H, it should stay in position if it below 30' and the floor has the right texture for the IPS to work. It sounds like the IPS isn't working or it can't get a proper signal from the floor.

If GPS is off and IPS is controlling the H, it should stay in position if it below 30' and the floor has the right texture for the IPS to work. It sounds like the IPS isn't working or it can't get a proper signal from the floor.

Agreed The floor was all one color, and smooth. that explains that.

but why the heavy drift with angle mode, no IPS

RealSense is Installed.

GPS turned off to enter IPS, I am holding left stick (down/left) and toggling the Angle/Home/Smart rocker.

In mode 2 I need to hold the right stick +25 and +50% Up and to the right. to hover. else the H flight left and forward pretty quickly

As far as i know GPS should not be switched off on the controller. Turning GPS off also disables IPS. I think it even says that somewhere in the manual.

So I would suggest turning your gear on, making the magic with the stick and flight mode rocker (down-left + rapidly switching modes) until it beeps and confirms entering the "secret" IPS-forced mode and leaving the GPS as it is. If i remember correctly the light should become steady or flashing purple. Leave the flight mode selector at 'angle'.

Then, when you start the engines, it should already read 'IPS' (and only 'IPS') on the controller in the flight mode while it's idling on the ground. This should effectively discard GPS information and leave IPS on at all times.

Having said all that - i have never flown the bird inside, so YMMV. But outside it seemed to work fairly well up to a certain altitude. Although i have only tested this mode, not actually used it for something, so again YMMV.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech