Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Inside peak at Plus.

Look at that logo again... it's a SanDisk

I'm going to be really pissed if I invested money in Delkin V60 cards, and the C23 won't recognize them.

For me just the presence of a card is bad Ju-ju. It means all aspects of a flight can be recorded and remotely accessed during a later OTA connection.

Your right..SanDisk industrial. The Anafi shipped with them also.

For me just the presence of a card is bad Ju-ju. It means all aspects of a flight can be recorded and remotely accessed during a later OTA connection.

There’s a long way from “can” to “does”. There are likely better reasons for a R/W non-volatile storage device in the H+.

Last edited:
Reactions: biltno
I agree, but in operational security circles ‘can’ means ‘does’ until proven it ‘can’t ever’. That’s just the way it works, perception and possibility rule the day. The fact Yuneec is now making a lot of use of OTA update features only adds fuel to the fire.

If you've got an H+ and you've opened it up then simply remove the SD card and see what happens. It appears to be in a removable slot. Examine the files/data on the SD card.
- What are the files about? Is the data on there encrypted? Is it a bunch of CSV files where the data is easily read?

Put the aircraft back together without the SD card.
- Will it still fly?
- Do all the features still work?

Ask Yuneec about the SD card.

As a reputable dealer who is authorized for Yuneec repair about the SD card.

I'm quite familiar with security concerns and procedures.

Reactions: biltno
minor differences between h520 board and h plus board. The gps port is closer to the imu . not sure where the arm2 chip is at on the h plus. would like to get a hold of the board and put the h520 imu chip in and see what happens.

Pat, if it has any processor on it at all, you cannot guarantee it's not capable of recording and providing remote access to data. Many chips now come with baked in flash, so an external SD-Card is not needed. Pretty much any digital product now can collect data on you - the only limitation is whether it can make a data connection to upload it. In the case of a drone, that means you need to ensure neither the drone itself, nor the controller are ever connected to the internet - either directly through wifi/cable or indirectly through USB to a PC that's on the internet.

In other words, an on-board SD Card doesn't signify anything, other than a particular engineering solution for software and log management.

So, either you accept that your flight data can be shared and live with it, or you treat a drone as an 'air gapped' device (and accept the functional limitations that might involve, such as no maps etc.).

Reactions: AH-1G
I will be bring mine to LM next month. I was asked to help with an obstacle course using different drones. :D:eek::p
I just don't trust the Chinese Gov. But LM may not let me fly even thought it's the H?:( this will have to run through security first.

Last edited:
Anyone planning on flying your drone to spy on secret military facilities, please raise your hand....

Rich,

Military installations are not the only issue, although there are morons that make it a point to record anything they can involving military or civil agency activities. Customer data security is a significant issue and those operating commercially that carry liability insurance are already aware their carriers want to know how that data is secured. There’s also an issue for those that are involved in “critical infrastructure” operations that involve coordination with state and federal agencies. All collected data has to be secured from point of collection to point of delivery.

A lot of people think that stuff is a joke. Our government certainly does not and prohibited the use of commercial off the shelf drones for data and operational security reasons. They have gone so far as to prohibit civil agency drones from being operated in joint exercises when such agencies arrived with COTS products.

Some might argue that all the imagery anyone could want can be obtained from Google Earth imagery. I can assure that is not so as Google Earth imagery is screened by governments to remove or obscure sensitive data before being released for public use. Although a satellite may be owned by a private company they got to their location only after agreeing to government regulations before they could by launched into space on a government controlled rocket. Even SpaceX cannot launch without meeting very controlled conditions. There are many military installations that are not visible in Google Earth and others where the image is many years old and not at all accurate, or having very, very poor image resolution. It’s not just images of a facility that can be an issue, there’s also “pattern of life” concerns where images can establish when activities take place, or how things are done, which can be and is used in corporate and government espionage, along with concerns of how, when, and where a player could assume outside control of a drone not in their physical possession.

Sorry, but the average Joe Blow is both myopic and topical and lacks the ability to understand the ramifications of anything that’s not directly in front of their nose, and often even manage to screw those things up. They often don’t “think ahead”. We see blatant examples of that every time we drive with other cars on the highway.

If it’s established we opened up the aircraft during the warranty period the warranty is voided anyway.
Yup...I know and don’t care. I’m not waiting a year to customize and paint something I can see. There is no change to the shell, RS, gear, and camera mount from a 480 save a minor cosmetic change to top shell. Don’t know about the GPS module but since pin out is different I’m guessing it’s proprietary to the Plus. The main board is much cleaner and wire routing makes more sense. More strain relief and better position of wires is also noticeable. Given Yuneec and their repair issues, I’m fine with fixing myself if I mess up. I now have a highly visible beautiful Plus that gives me even more pleasure to watch in flight. To me, that’s worth the warranty loss as it’s a good unit and very reliable.

Reactions: PatR
I think most that are serious about this stuff don’t make a warranty a critical part of ownership. They’re nice to have but they can also end up more of a limiting factor than some can tolerate. When you know what you’re doing and the system functions as designed you won’t ever have need of warranty services.

I’d like to believe I’m there but know not to get cavalier. Murphy is over my shoulder always and gravity and I don’t get along. Maybe that’s why I love flying these things so much as it’s kind of a grand release of earthly bonds for awhile. It’s definitely addictive. Part of a warranty is separation and I’d rather have my bird on my bench then on theirs. It’d be great if they’d treat the camera and drone as individual components for warranty but I get why they would not.

This is my update.

Attachments

• 4B6E735C-1C55-43FC-A654-0CCDBAB97CB6.jpeg
    4B6E735C-1C55-43FC-A654-0CCDBAB97CB6.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
  • 6170B7B5-36ED-472F-88B3-90A7F880F118.jpeg
    6170B7B5-36ED-472F-88B3-90A7F880F118.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 45
Reactions: rdonson and Rubik
Lume Cubes. I just finished perfecting the mount. The pair goes up to 3K lumens. My trial flight showed that I needed more adjustable angles. Today, I put on articulating camera shoe mounts. I’m stoked to try them pointing down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz