Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Inside the H520

Reaction score
So I had a light not working at all on one of the new units.

1) take cover off and make sure led is connected. V check
2) remove light and move to other side and test. V check (worked great)
3) look in ARN joint to see if the cable is loose. V check (the led cable is now bound with the motor cable , do couldn't see anything other than the braided wire cover)
4) remove to cover and make sure it was connected. V check ( it was not connected)
5) attach disconnected cable and test light. V check ( was a rear light and should be flashing light blue , one was the faulty one was flashing red)
6) click arm into position and noticed cable feel out.... Pushed back in.... Falls out easily. Look into plug one pin is bent over and not making contact. Try to carefully straighten pin. Pin snaps. Heart sinks. Notice pin connector is same as in old broken camera. Desolder connector from camera and from ESC board. Re solder to ESC board and connect.
7) test light and connector. V check (working as it should)
8) contact Yuneec and request an ESC board to replace. Confirm board to be sent with all my other spare parts when I order them along with the CGO-ET Cameras. V check.
9) put it back together. V check
10) tell forum and upload some pictures. V check

As you can see Yuneec has uped their game with the electronics. Nice little things like the holder clips for the motor wires. The 8gb card for the mission uploads. The antennas not inside a silly bit of heat shield. The overall quality of the ESC board when compared to a H480.

FC70CBC2-A545-4A48-BD61-DB193F23C3F8.jpeg 991B888D-16E7-4C12-AAED-B3A00F163D81.jpeg F833A60B-E4D8-4F65-94A9-A3C5959FE4B5.jpeg 4A61ED35-35BD-4CBA-8FCA-B096AD69C23D.jpeg 67FC75D7-BE35-4486-A8B2-52047DA4E555.jpeg
Haydn
www.mountainview.enterprises

You saved yourself a lot of time with that repair. It's also nice to get a good look inside. So, is the GPS antenna located in the top cover, like the H480 or is it now that black square with Yuneec imprinted on it?

That's where the GPS inscription on the back is.
This is good because it allows to put a small Gps tracker in the front (for long missions ....)

The GPS is on the top cover, the square bulge above the battery compartment that is visible from the outside (I thought I saw it in a video I put here). That black box that you can see in the images almost certainly is the barometer, is protected so that it does not affected by the wind and light and detects erroneous pressure changes and therefore marking an incorrect height.

13AWG main power cables, more than enough. The capacitors of the ESCs look very good. The video transmitter has to be what in the third image is slightly separated from the main board with a metal cover.

I see very clean and beautiful everything :D

The GPS is on the top cover, the square bulge above the battery compartment that is visible from the outside (I thought I saw it in a video I put here). That black box that you can see in the images almost certainly is the barometer, is protected so that it does not affected by the wind and light and detects erroneous pressure changes and therefore marking an incorrect height.

13AWG main power cables, more than enough. The capacitors of the ESCs look very good. The video transmitter has to be what in the third image is slightly separated from the main board with a metal cover.

Ah OK, I didn't want to assume that just because the cover says GPS that its actually located there like it is on the H480. That square bulge is kind of big for a barometer isn't it? That makes me wonder where the barometer is located in the H480 unless someone here has already pointed that out.

Ah OK, I didn't want to assume that just because the cover says GPS that its actually located there like it is on the H480. That square bulge is kind of big for a barometer isn't it? That makes me wonder where the barometer is located in the H480 unless someone here has already pointed that out.

I'm not confirming anything, I'm speculating but it makes sense. They usually come fully protected and the reason is commented, can not affect them neither the light nor the wind so that the measurements are correct. So the deduction looking at what the box looks like makes me think that there's a good chance it is.

The cables and connectors of the antennas are visible on the video transmitter. The rest is visible to the naked eye, all that by looking at a photo, I'm lazy to open mine if it's not necessary. It is under warranty.... ;)

Haydn's working on it, he can confirm to us :)

Arruntus: that's not the vtx, it is the main control tx/rx. The vtx is in the camera itself along with the antenna for the vtx.
The black box in the middle is probably the main flight controller (which will have the barometer onboard)
The main board itself is power / esc's / lights etc.

Reactions: Haydn and arruntus
Arruntus: that's not the vtx, it is the main control tx/rx. The vtx is in the camera itself along with the antenna for the vtx.
The black box in the middle is probably the main flight controller (which will have the barometer onboard)
The main board itself is power / esc's / lights etc.

Yes, the VTX is integrated in the cameras, has been a slip, sorry :oops:

The custom of putting it all together separately. Thank you mate :)

I believe that Snag is Correct.
Otherwise known as the Main Control Board.. although it is the small board. While the Large board is called the ESC Board.

I believe that Snag is Correct.
Otherwise known as the Main Control Board.. although it is the small board. While the Large board is called the ESC Board.
The black box is the IMU. It's the flight control system. @Haydn, when you get the new board you will need to remove the four screws under the IMU on the bottom of the main board and swap it over to the new board. You will also need to pull the sd card and insert it in the new board. A.K.A, new board does not come with IMU or sd card preinstalled. I just did this last week on an H520. I used a hot glue gun for the sd card. I've also used gorilla glue two part epoxy on other boards I have had to repair.

Reactions: Haydn

Metal cover is on the network interface card. The imaging system is in the front of the board and integrated into the board.

Thanks @Bob520 will see how I go with it.
Have had also a E90 that after i inserted the SDCard with the "updated" firmware (was actually the EU version by mistake) the gamble has lost all power and hangs limp.
The camera works and I can see ad control it, but the gamble is none responsive.
Im being sent a new replacement.

Moral of the story DON'T mix USA and EU!!!!!
Thanks

Last edited:
If it follows the same system of the H480 in principle it was by means of a higher firmware version number.

So I found this forum, looking for information about it and a partner found a way to compile the versions and allow changes of frimware versions.

Moral of the story DON'T mix USA and EU!!!!!
Thanks

Very sage advice. Quite a few 480 owners thought they could be creative and change out EU for U.S. and caused themselves much grief. Others on this side failed to establish they copied the correct location files from the Yuneec site and locked up their systems.

Last edited:
I'm lost PatR, why do you have links to Bob's tab in the message? o_O

Bob lost an H480 for doing it? I don't understand :eek::eek::eek::eek:

ok, I mention it because I click on the links and they redirect me to Bob's file :rolleyes:

I didn’t have any links. If you saw links in the post they didn’t originate with me. Only a redacted quote.

Well, it will be a failure of the forum, both in what you have written and in the quote redirect me to the bob user tab, so I said it. I thought it was weird.

I made the post with a quote using my phone and Tapatalk. Looking at the post this morning on both my laptop and phone does not reveal any links in the post at my end with either device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaphoodie