Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Installed the Peau 3.97 lens on one of my H480s with excellent results!

Reaction score
Website
www.jcommstudios.com
Installed the Peau 3.97 lens on one of my H480s. I am very pleased with the results. Here is a short video. Focus is spot on and the camera is sharp on the edges as well as center. CGO3+ Peau 3.97 lens - sunlight/hazy clear UV 4K conv. to 1080 - no color grading ISO 100 EV 640 - 800 straight camera footage. Best to view at 1080p to pick up the details.

Last edited:
Looks fantastic, On the first minutes of your video, at what angle down would you say you are?
The sharpness is also fantastic

Reactions: jcommstudios
How much did the upgrade cost?
@WCD The lens is fairly inexpensive at $80 plus shipping and tax. We did the change out ourselves but Peau will do it for $150. So the lens, installation and focusing would run you about $230 if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. It is a rather tedious install and you have to be very careful not to damage the sensor. There are YouTube videos on doing the procedure. Takes about an hour and a half if you know what you are doing. Still a bargain to have Peau do it at $230. You can buy a new CGO3+ with the 3.97 lens installed for $700 from Peau Productions. Here is a link to the lens: 3.97mm f/2.8 82d HFOV 16MP (No Distortion) – Peau Productions

Last edited:
Reactions: Texas_Willie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech