Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Installing Apps in ST10?

Reaction score
Hey guys, is it possible to install android apps to the ST10 either by accessing the Play Store or by running .apk files?

There may be. I don't know Android stuff very well.
To date though... I've not seen anything.
Others ask the same question and some here do have thoughts but nothing I've seen for downloading.

I'm a software dev and I would be making my own customized GUI for the controller.

I dont really know yet if Yuneec will give me access to its API.

Yuneec will likely not give you the API. Especially the UART api to the controller will be kept secret. So, developing another GUI will be quite hard, but not impossible. I was able to reverse engineer the firmware and it's no magic. It is also possible to activate some hidden features. PM me, if you're interested.

All you have to do is adb push the apk to the /system/app folder, as long as the apk is older and not "art" run time.
'

and how would you get to the /system/app folder when your on the st10+ (gui) to go and run the apk i have never seen a "files" icon or anything of the sort to access that folder or apk

"PM".... Private Message.
The folder can be found/through the hidden menu in the controller.It's easy to view the Apps that are loaded but a bit harder to get into the folder for loading files.
I think you'll find your wasting your time. As much as this subject has been talked about and discussed, I've never seen anyone with a credible and workable file that did anything of any significance.
There is also no need for any secrecy in this game. It's not against the law to get into the box so I'm not sure what all the PM's are about. You will of course VOID any warranty you might have if you start messing with the software.
Good luck and happy flying,
Jafo

There is also no need for any secrecy in this game. It's not against the law to get into the box so I'm not sure what all the PM's are about.
Jafo

That makes it more wink-wink and hush-hush and super-secrety-pinky-swears-not-to-telly. Knowledge is Oreos, after all, and nobody in their right mind shares Oreos.

I am really just courious as to what apps they are side loading? I am all for adding more functions

There are basically tons of use cases how to enhance the ST10 with customized software:

Easy Stuff:
- Add a file manager and image viewer to preview the images from the CGO without removing the SD card
- Increase the Wifi-Speed from 6MBit to 54Mbit to download images and videos faster for preview on the ST10 directly. (Yes, that's possible!)
- Connect the ST10 to other wifis to upload log files somewhere
- Access the sound settings to disable the noisy boot sound.
- etc.

Hard Stuff:
- Proxy camera commands from a mobile device to the CGO via Wifi Direct or Bluetooth to use extended range of the ST10 on a second screen (needs more exploration if the ST10 has hardware capabilities)

well this is only what I'd use. If someone has any need for that, I could write an appropriate app to do that.

btw: I have my copter over two years now, so my warranty is void anyway. Time to tune it a bit.

Reactions: Vaklin and Jafo
It is and will not be possible to change the GPS behavior of the Q500 because it is part of the driver and that is communicating with the UARTController of the ST10. If the log precision is the only thing which bothers you, there is actually no way to improve it. The flight controller write the longitude and latitude in floating precision but actually retrieves the position from the copter which probably wont send more accurate information.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33