Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Intelligent Battery Charger-Discharger-Balancer. Recommendation for the H?

G

Guest99

I've been looking through Google searches to find a simple drop-in "intelligent charger-discharger-balancer" for my newly purchased Typhoon H, thinking that someone has developed a less complicated "thing-a-mabob" with all the wires and buzzers and mess I have now have or my Q500s.

I basically tossed the factory chargers that came with my Q500s in a recycling bin after reading the "stories" about them, and I suspect the same is true for the charger that came with my newly purchased Typhoon H (or did Yuneec design a better factory charger for the H than they did for the Q500?)

BTW... I charge my Q500 batteries in what looks like an old above-ground missile silo on my ranch, which is 300 feet away from my house, in a room that is fireproof and where the temperature and humidity are controlled (too elaborate to discuss any further but after having a Venom battery ignite on me as I took it out of the "missile silo" - pardon my pun - "I saw the light" and got proactive and changed my evil ways and now even carry the batteries out of the "missile silo" in a fireproof box, lined in ceramic padding and inside those small "fireproof" bags most of us have. (Overkill on my part, but the Venom battery catching on fire made me think of armadillo-geddon (as we say here in Texas)...

I'd like to get away from the the wires, and all the attachments, needed to charge my LIPOs for the Q500s and I was hoping there might be some new "miracle device" for the Typhoon H batteries made by a vendor somewhere since buying my first intelligent charger-discharger-balancer in 2015.

Any suggestions other than something on Amazon (I closed my account last month after 9 years... which is also a story too long, inappropriate and elaborate to post here...)

Thanks in advance for your replies, tips and leads (I'd just like to get away from all those leads we gotta hook up to the LIPOS if a new device is on the market or soon to be released.)

@Steve Carr & @h-elsner
Thanks for the responses although h-elsner, I quit using and canceled my Amazon account a couple of weeks ago and Steve, I'm looking for a charger for my new H and not the Q500s I own, BUT, I think I found the answer to my question elsewhere here on another discussion ( New Product? Venom Pro 4-Port [Cradle] Charger for Typhoon H ) and they all seem to be on backorder...

I've contacted a couple of suppliers and asked that they notify me when the Venom 4 port charger-balancer-discharger gets back in stock.

(All those wires on the charger for my Q500 makes me think of a spaghetti bowl... as I sit in my missile silo monitoring my LiPOs... )

Unless you absolutely need a 4 battery capacity, consider this one on eBay:

Thanks, went there and bought it. Should be here by next Friday.

(Love ABQ BTW... Grew up "down the road" in ELP. After I moved away from ELP, I made many trips to ABQ for a client of mine in Washington D.C.)

Last edited by a moderator:
LMK if you're back in the area!

Reactions: Guest99
@Eagle's Eye Video
Thanks for the tip. I bought the Peak charger from the vendor on Ebay (weird that it arrived in an Amazon Prime box and the chimpanzees in the Shamazon shipping department did a lousy job putting any protective padding in the shipping box.)

I'm delighted I went with this instead of the Venom 4 battery charger. This Peak (despite the instructions being in Chinglish) was easy to use. It did a great job of charging tow batteries quickly (I wasn't able to go flying as I had hoped) and it did a great job of putting the same batteries back into the storage configuration.

Here it is sitting on a fire blanket I use as I monitor Lipos.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    903.1 KB · Views: 30

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval