Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Interesting discussion with Yuneec President

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
You will need to use the page translation. It works in the Chrome browser.

Kinda sounds like DJI will be the stand out in the high end consumer drones. I didnt do the math but I know I'm not ready for a dr ok ne in the $3000 range.

You will need to use the page translation. It works in the Chrome browser.

It sounds very promising on paper.

Did dig a little bit into the code of the H3 yesterday and saw that it supports the c23 out of the box. The hardware is the same and talks on the same protocols so I am pretty sure we can load the H3 software on the plus today and and get all the benefits of the H3 software improvements.

I haven't tried it out yet because I have my calendar full of jobs until mid December and can't afford downtime if anything goes wrong.

But if someone is interested in the H3 firmware it can be found here: http://139.196.43.67:8080/firmwareset?typename=h3&limit=1

Did dig a little bit into the code of the H3 yesterday and saw that it supports the c23 out of the box. The hardware is the same and talks on the same protocols so I am pretty sure we can load the H3 software on the plus today and and get all the benefits of the H3 software improvements.

I haven't tried it out yet because I have my calendar full of jobs until mid December and can't afford downtime if anything goes wrong.

But if someone is interested in the H3 firmware it can be found here: http://139.196.43.67:8080/firmwareset?typename=h3&limit=1

How did you get this? What I'm curious is if they made any tweaks to the C23 firmware or not. I'm tempted to try this on my H Plus right now.

Reactions: DCH
How did you get this? What I'm curious is if they made any tweaks to the C23 firmware or not. I'm tempted to try this on my H Plus right now.
It was not that difficult to guess since their update address for the typhoon h plus is firmwareset?typename=typhoonhplus&limit=1 :) I have sent you a pic in a PM.

I'm not very good at English. is it that you can buy the new Leica camera and use it on H Plus?

I'm not very good at English. is it that you can buy the new Leica camera and use it on H Plus?
They say in the article that yuneec is planning on releasing the new camera for the plus at some time in the future.

Reactions: bowhunt
That would happen the same time pigs learn to fly.
Didn't know that they were in the process of teaching pigs to fly [emoji1787][emoji23]

Reactions: Mostbestus
Quite an interesting read and very encouraging. But I don't know why you would want to buy a £1400 camera to put on your existing H+.
The proposed zoom camera sounds like a good step forward though.

Quite an interesting read and very encouraging. But I don't know why you would want to buy a £1400 camera to put on your existing H+.
The proposed zoom camera sounds like a good step forward though.
It is very expensive 1400 for a camera but but just the log format is well worth the upgrade for me at least.

If by any chance they start working on adapting the new camera for the plus they might begin to look into updating the plus with more advanced user settings like rate curves autopilot etc.

The plus has the same px4 controller so it shouldn't be a problem to incorporate the code.

A zoom camera is great for inspections and similar work but they already have a superior drone in the h520 with zoom cameras for this sector, zoom lenses on drones for video and photography is kinda useless, right stick up is way better zoom than any zoom camera out there today [emoji6]

Reactions: Rubik and JackMTaco
Didn't know that they were in the process of teaching pigs to fly [emoji1787][emoji23]
They said the C23 was going to be available for the H 480, you could even pay a £ 99 deposit but it never materialised.

H3 camera on an H Plus sounds okay, but if that means pigs will be flying, I have have bigger concerns than the camera model.

Just stop for a moment and consider the ramifications of pigs flying.
We're all going to need an industrial umbrella if we're going to be going outside!! :oops:

Reactions: Chuckmc
H3 camera on an H Plus sounds okay, but if that means pigs will be flying, I have have bigger concerns than the camera model.

Just stop for a moment and consider the ramifications of pigs flying.
We're all going to need an industrial umbrella if we're going to be going outside!! :oops:
Bacon hunting comes to mind

......zoom lenses on drones for video and photography is kinda useless, right stick up is way better zoom than any zoom camera out there today [emoji6]

Don’t tell the folks doing cinema and wildlife imagery that. They will either start wondering why the spent all the time, effort, and money on rigs that carry Teds, Arris, Canons, Sonys, and Lumix, or, they’ll start laughing so hard tears will flow.

OTOH your statement holds true for small consumer drones using barely adequate gimbals designed to serve only the camera and lens they come with.

Don’t limit your ability and creativity by seeing only consumer drones. By intent they limit buyers to what a maker wants them to have instead of being able to do what they want to do. Certainly, having systems that allow for creative versatility are more expensive, and complicated, than consumer products but they can and most certainly do effectively employ zoom lens cameras, often with full remote control of almost all of the cameras features.

Once we take our thinking out of the consumer drone box and look around we will find a wealth of systems that do far more than what budget priced consumer products can.

It’s been talked about for close to a century but never happened.

Sort of like Yuneec talking about producing a better camera that’s backwards compatible with previous models....

Have a press conference and tell the marks what they want to hear.

Reactions: JackMTaco

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval