Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Interesting Issue with my H

Reaction score
Took my H out for a flight today and installed a fresh battery. Within less than 5 minutes I get the low battery warning. The indicator on the controller said the battery was full. About a minute after the first warning I get a message telling me the battery was critical and was landing. Luckily I was in a big parking lot and it landed without incident. I shut the H down, restarted it and flew it for 20 minutes with no issues and no warnings. Now I'm afraid to fly it at any distance away. Arggggh. Any ideas as to what I should check?

Kirk

The same thing happened to me. Low battery warning I hit the return to home, then compass warning follow by lost GPS signal. after that lost video signal and my H dropped in the swamp behind my house. It is still in the swamp. I read the flight data it it had several compass warnings. Now I am waiting for the release of the H plus now I’m not going to buy the old model.

Took my H out for a flight today and installed a fresh battery. Within less than 5 minutes I get the low battery warning. The indicator on the controller said the battery was full. About a minute after the first warning I get a message telling me the battery was critical and was landing. Luckily I was in a big parking lot and it landed without incident. I shut the H down, restarted it and flew it for 20 minutes with no issues and no warnings. Now I'm afraid to fly it at any distance away. Arggggh. Any ideas as to what I should check?

Kirk
WAS IT REAL COLD OUTSIDE ?

Kirk

Kirk, when you say a "Fresh" Battery do you mean a brand new, never flown battery - fully and properly charged? Or is this a battery you have used before that was thought to be fully charged? If so how many flights on the battery and how have you been charging it up and how have you been storing it? Is it a factory Yuneec battery or other? Do you use the factory charger or aftermarket? These are just some of the questions that may help find an answer.

Kirk, when you say a "Fresh" Battery do you mean a brand new, never flown battery - fully and properly charged? Or is this a battery you have used before that was thought to be fully charged? If so how many flights on the battery and how have you been charging it up and how have you been storing it? Is it a factory Yuneec battery or other? Do you use the factory charger or aftermarket? These are just some of the questions that may help find an answer.
Fully charged. Less than 10 charges on the battery. Half of the charges have been on a aftermarket charger. When I'm not flying for more than a week, I store the batteries at 50%.

The same thing happened to me. Low battery warning I hit the return to home, then compass warning follow by lost GPS signal. after that lost video signal and my H

dropped in the swamp behind my house. It is still in the swamp. I read the flight data it it had several compass warnings. Now I am waiting for the release of the H plus now I’m not going to buy the old model.

I will not upgrade, whatsoever
I still am having issues with my typhoon Has. Mine is in the bottom of a river right now.
Flyaway, we will see what Yuneec
Does .
Keith Kuhn

The same thing happened to me. Low battery warning I hit the return to home, then compass warning follow by lost GPS signal. after that lost video signal and my H dropped in the swamp behind my house. It is still in the swamp. I read the flight data it it had several compass warnings. Now I am waiting for the release of the H plus now I’m not going to buy the old model.
I will not buy any model until they get the original typhoon H rite
Keith

Fully charged. Less than 10 charges on the battery. Half of the charges have been on a aftermarket charger. When I'm not flying for more than a week, I store the batteries at 50%.
It sounds as though the battery may have an internal bad connection. You could try to connect it to a meter and tap the battery to see if you can duplicate a voltage drop.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
I have three batteries. I' going to mark them and do some testing in a safe area. It' still under warranty, so I'll call support and see what they say. This thing has been in the shop more time than in the air.

I have three batteries. I' going to mark them and do some testing in a safe area. It' still under warranty, so I'll call support and see what they say. This thing has been in the shop more time than in the air.
Keep in mind.........batteries only have a 30 day warranty.

So..I contacted support today and gave them the rundown on the issue. Sent them my flight log file and they want me to send the H to them in Corona, CA. They want to look at the batteries too. I have to say that Yuneec support is a lot better than it was serval months ago. There were on it pronto. So..off it goes tomorrow.

So..I contacted support today and gave them the rundown on the issue. Sent them my flight log file and they want me to send the H to them in Corona, CA. They want to look at the batteries too. I have to say that Yuneec support is a lot better than it was serval months ago. There were on it pronto. So..off it goes tomorrow.
That is an encouraging sign. I was under the impression that they no longer were doing any repair work in CA. Always surprises from Yuneec.

Kirk
Kirk, are you saying that the second flight of 20 minutes was on the same battery that had just given you the low battery warning? Sounds like a possible connection issue. Was the battery removed and reinserted between these 2 flights?

Kirk, are you saying that the second flight of 20 minutes was on the same battery that had just given you the low battery warning? Sounds like a possible connection issue. Was the battery removed and reinserted between these 2 flights?
Yep..same battery. I didn' removed. I just restarted the aircraft after it landed itself becaue of the critially low battery alarm.

THAT SHOULD NOT MAKE IT DRAIN REAL FAST.
YOU DID THE RITE THING BY LANDING IT.
CHECK FOR PUFFINESS ON THE BATTERY.
KEEP US POSTED.
KEITH
I didn' have a choice. It landed itself. Luckily it set down in a parking lot. Battery not puffy.

not sure if there are any new posts on low batteries. new fully charged batteries on a new typhoon h pro. all i managed to get was 12m on bat one and 8m on bat 2.
i was out about 600 ft, (distance) and the low battery warning came on, kinda' scary, haha
thoughts?

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis