Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Intermittent Undercarriage Retraction

Reaction score
Hi - I have recently acquired an H520 second hand to try it versus my DJI products, especially as it has a live compass heading which is very valuable for line of site inspections. I am flying without a camera doing manual binds. A couple of questions:-

1. The retracts are very unreliable. When I manually bind and test when upside down they work but once flying, it is very hit and miss if they retract. Any thoughts?

2. One of the LEDs on the arms does not work. I want to open up and check cables etc. Not wishing to just attack the main body of the UAV, is there a thread or info on how to dismantle the UAV?

Cheers all.

Hookie

The legs retraction is tricky only in manual binding.

As far as I can remember they retract in manual binding automatically on their own and it's hard to get them down in this mode. Just make sure you flip their switch on your ST16S to "legs up" state when they are up in manual bind.

Otherwise it can be hard to get them down. It is like the drone software confusing itself with them when they are retracted automatically in manual bind while their switch on ST16s says the same software they should be in down position.

One of the LEDs on the arms does not work. I want to open up and check cables etc. Not wishing to just attack the main body of the UAV, is there a thread or info on how to dismantle the UAV?
The body is very similar to the H. There are some Youtube videos that demonstrate opening the shells.
The led may simply be burned out. It is located under the lens cover under the motor. Look at the lens cover and it shows the direction to turn to unlock it for removal. It only has to turn about an 1/8', but it's rather tricky to get it to move. Pushing down and twisting may work. Otherwise there is a special tool to remove them.
Yuneec H520 Motor Lampshade Puller
Yuneec H520 Tri-Color Light Circuit Board

Yuneec Typhoon Repair Tutorials - YouTube

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech