Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Intermittent video from the 4K

Reaction score
On playback of the on board video from the micro chip, I get an intermittent picture, rather than a smooth flow.
Tried a number of settings in the camera, but makes no difference. Could the chip itself be faulty? All help would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks Jafo. I am using Quicktime Player at the moment on a Mac. Will look around today for alternative program.

On playback of the on board video from the micro chip, I get an intermittent picture, rather than a smooth flow.
Tried a number of settings in the camera, but makes no difference. Could the chip itself be faulty? All help would be appreciated. Thanks
Is your SD card larger than 32gb?

Is your SD card larger than 32gb?
No, SD Card is 16gb. I have today tried a different app to play the video, (VLC) but no luck.
Still the same problem.
My next trick is to try a new SD card, and that will happen this afternoon. Thanks for your feedback.

That's sometimes a tough one.
The question is... is the issue with the camera or the viewing program and that's sometimes hard to figure out if you can't tell if the camera/card is getting all that it should.
A different SD card is a good place to start.
You could also try reinstalling the camera software if the new card doesn't help.
Keep us updated.

That's sometimes a tough one.
The question is... is the issue with the camera or the viewing program and that's sometimes hard to figure out if you can't tell if the camera/card is getting all that it should.
A different SD card is a good place to start.
You could also try reinstalling the camera software if the new card doesn't help.
Keep us updated.
Jafo, Chewman,
Have inserted a new class 10 32gb sd card and just taken typhoon for flight.
Took two sections of video, one approx 1.88GB and another 398MB.
Played both back using VLC and Quicktime Player, but no joy, still intermittent video. My next try will be your suggestion of downloading and reinstalling the
camera software. As I am new to this line of trouble shooting, it may take me a while to figure out how to accomplish this.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Video settings are Resolution 1920x1080 and frame rate 50.
One of three "Takes" taken today has turned out perfect (Used Quicktime Player on playback) on the above settings, but two of the three are suffering from the intermittent problem as before.
I am beginning to suspect that a connection is loose or plug not seating properly.

Before I attempt that (checking the inside of camera for wires loose) I have reset the camera to Factory Default and tried it with three further flights. No luck.
Then again reset the resolution and frame speed to 120. Still no luck. I cannot explain the one short video I made that came out OK. Am working on downloading software for the camera, but have not had any luck as yet.
I have noticed that the video transmitted to the controller is smooth and fine, makes me think that there is something amiss with the recording within the camera.

Jafo, you have the best of me. I didn't think that there was the facility to store video in the controller box. ( Or have I misread your note?)
The video picture transmitted to the controller is smooth and fine,not jumpy at all. If there is a way to copy and store the actual video from the controller, then this would overcome the problem albeit not fixing my original problem.
I have removed the camera from the drone and visually checked all wires and connectors where possible. Could not see any problems, however did concentrate on connectors when replacing. Will be trying again today sometime.

Assuming your using an ST10 or more....
Under the battery in the box is a slot for another SD card. An 8g card is all you need in that slot.
It holds not only a rough video of all images but also telemetry data too.
You can access the card by hooking your box to your computer with the provided USB cable (given your computer will open it) or you can remove the card.
See a video on You Tube to learn about installing the card before you do it. I broke the holder before getting good instructions.

I did not know that. WOW. Will definitely be following your suggestion later today. Thanks

I did not know that. WOW. Will definitely be following your suggestion later today. Thanks

The st 16 is showing the camera stream independent of the record. It holds the recording for 5 mins in its flash memory and dumps to the sd card. They are only related in "seeing" the same thing. It's a stream subject to its own drop outs with range issues and not a full res video.

Start with the lowest resolution and record some video. You don't need to fly for any of this. Next try in Hd at at least 30 frames (24 looks jerky on hd monitors as it's a film rate) and see what happens. Record the same thing each time to compare how it looks. Do it in daylight in auto mode as this camera has a lot of features. Keep them short but long enough to compare from previous shot. If it's the camera, it will most likely show issues at any resolution. If it is the card format or speed, it should be fine at 720 resolutions but choke on 1080 and totally crap out and not play at 4K. The card speed matters. Format the card from the camera using camera tools once connected to the St 16 and the wifi to eliminate any format problems before you start. If this still fails and you have a proper Sd card then you need to contact Yuneec and and the camera in. This exercise will also help you if you do create an RMA to provide back up proof of problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Good info from Craig.
Learn about the "Hidden menu" in the box and how to access it.
You'll need to tweak a couple of settings to get the box to show on your computer.
Let us know if you need help with that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio