Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Introducing my Typhoon Q500 4K

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I figure I better introduce m Q500 4K since I started a post on my H, just in case I need to ask for help. This is my second one and I've had two people give me their damaged Q500 4K's will radios, batteries and other spare parts. Can never get enough spare parts. I've had it out and is seems to wander after letting off the sticks a bit. I bound another radio to see if it's the radio. Haven't tried on calm days yet but it controls nicely from point A to point B and I love the video and photographs so far. I need to pick perfect days for great video and photos though. But, for now, I'm just basically testing. I really enjoyed my first one so much that I had to have another.

After I let off the sticks and it settles down, it stays where it should, so maybe it's a wind factor that it don't seem to have very good brakes. I will do some more testing and for those of you that wish to fly safely and protect your investment, PLEASE use the www.UAVforecast.com !! I won't fly without it because one day I did and my drone just wandered into the side of my house before falling to the ground ripping the gimble wire out of it's board on my first Q500. I learned my lesson quick. Since using UAV, I've not had anymore accident and flights are smooth. Also looking for others to share their tips. Thanks for looking.

Scott

Attachments

• YUN00014.jpg
    YUN00014.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 26
  • YUN00010.jpg
    YUN00010.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 25
While I'm at it maybe I should say that my photo button seems to be sticking and not fully returning to position to take the next photo because I seem to have to press twice. I will resolve that issue soon enough but I also find myself having to tap on the camera icon to switch to camera for photos, but, it goes into video automatically when I press the video button. My buddy's (Q500 4K) drone I set up for him don't require a tap on the camera icon to switch to camera, you just click off video and go right to camera photos and right back to videos. I will see if it still does this since I bound another st10+ to it.

See this thread about the photo button

Reactions: TyphoonAddict
OK after binding another st10 to the Q500 4K, I went out for another flight and photo test. I didn't have to seem to switch back and forth on the screen for camera when I wanted to take photos. I was more concerned in the drone's behavior again. I don't know, maybe I need to do a compass calibration or a total calibration. As for the radio, it did what it was suppose to do. Funny thing is, when I took photos, there was no automated shutter sound coming from the radio. But, I later found out it took the photos. I also got nervous when the drone was about 150 feet up and started to turn on it's own AFTER I let go of the sticks. Kinda like a lagging computer freezing up and then finishing it's job. There was full cloud cover so maybe that attributed to that.

I have the st12 on the charger and I will bind that to the Q500 4K and give that a test flight tomorrow. It may just be clouds interfering like some say and others argue about. The wind was testing the drone and it would swing side to side a little, but, generally held it's ground. I dislike the glitches I'm having and after the last radio test, I will give it a calibration. Also the green HOME arrow on the screen seemed to have a mind of it's own and where it stopped, didn't make much sense. That made me think it needed a compass calibration. As for the other radio's button sticking, I will go check the other thread. That radio doesn't have the photo button that has a crisp clear click like the other I tried today. Any idea why I don't HEAR the sound of a camera shutter when I click off a photo? Maybe you can turn off sounds. You can see the sporadic turning in the video. Thanks for reading.

Scott

And one of many photos I snapped today. What is up with the variation in light and size of the photos I took right after the other? BTW, I have the st10+ radios and the st12 radio. Thanks.

Attachments

• YUN00003.jpg
    YUN00003.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 11
  • YUN00004.jpg
    YUN00004.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
You need to change the permissions on the video it is not viewable.

OK, I'm back after binding my st12 to my Q500 and we lifted off to about ten feet. As I was looking to my radio to set video, I glanced up and saw my drone gliding ever so quickly to the left ( as there was about 10 mph breeze) and I caught it about 2 feet from hitting my shop roof. Glad I didn't panic as I grabbed for that right toggle to slide it back to the right, in front of me. I went up and down and then decided to catch it in the air as it acted as if there was no lock on it. Was it the 80% humid cloud cover? Annnnnnnnd, I actually found that I did start the video!!! Join me as we can both panic as you see where I catch it for rebound and that I had to catch it!

I then went in and rebound the other st10+ and went back out and I usually don't fly under these conditions but I had to see if it would replicate. I started video and launched. There was not much of a breeze now, and it hung in pretty good in front of me, however, it did slightly drift around as you can see after I pointed the camera down. I tried to land on the pad as usual but it ended up landing fine on the grass. Like I said, I usually don't fly on full cloudy days and it felt like it was going to rain but just a cool humidity. I'm thinking the weather. Never happens to me on a fine blue sky. My radio showed about 17 sats for the drone and 5 for the radio.

You need to set the permissions for the videos. They are not showing here.

• Wow
When I look to the pictureS (YUN00003.jpg and YUN00003.jpg) I see the file date/time probably correct (from 2021) but the EXIF date/time is 2014-02-14 10:52:08. Strange. Is the date / time on the RC correct?

The CGO3 FW is old: 1.9.00(A).

br HE

• Wow
Hi everyone! I figure I better introduce m Q500 4K since I started a post on my H, just in case I need to ask for help. This is my second one and I've had two people give me their damaged Q500 4K's will radios, batteries and other spare parts. Can never get enough spare parts. I've had it out and is seems to wander after letting off the sticks a bit. I bound another radio to see if it's the radio. Haven't tried on calm days yet but it controls nicely from point A to point B and I love the video and photographs so far. I need to pick perfect days for great video and photos though. But, for now, I'm just basically testing. I really enjoyed my first one so much that I had to have another.

After I let off the sticks and it settles down, it stays where it should, so maybe it's a wind factor that it don't seem to have very good brakes. I will do some more testing and for those of you that wish to fly safely and protect your investment, PLEASE use the www.UAVforecast.com !! I won't fly without it because one day I did and my drone just wandered into the side of my house before falling to the ground ripping the gimble wire out of it's board on my first Q500. I learned my lesson quick. Since using UAV, I've not had anymore accident and flights are smooth. Also looking for others to share their tips. Thanks for looking.

Scott
Different props I see ? Heres mine

Attachments

• my 500.jpg
    17.6 MB · Views: 7
When I look to the pictureS (YUN00003.jpg and YUN00003.jpg) I see the file date/time probably correct (from 2021) but the EXIF date/time is 2014-02-14 10:52:08. Strange. Is the date / time on the RC correct?

The CGO3 FW is old: 1.9.00(A).

br HE
UPDATE: I'm not seeing what you see. Where is it located?

I never even thought about that nor paid attention. Wow, maybe manufacturers date of the drone/radio? Yes, the photos were just taken. I didn't notice a time stamp. Thanks, I will check it out. Maybe that has something to do with my problems showing it hasn't been updated since?

I know the guy I bought it from, not far from me said that he bought it new and after 15 minutes of flight, shoved it in a closet and after the move here from who-knows-where, because Florida isn't mountainous (look at his video) and the only hills we have are local landfills in Florida LOL.... It's cool to find someone else's videos.

The video Micro SD card is original I believe and he basically watched the screen. I don't know if he even knew there was a SD card in there or he didn't delete the footage like I do after downloading to YouTube.. Have a look and I will check out what you are seeing, thanks!!

Last edited:
If I'm correct in seeing the airport, is that area a controlled airspace ? If so be careful where you post that video ?
That's why my videos were private. Maybe I'll privatize just that one. Don't matter. Like I said in another thread a guy was flying near our homes with his DJI (gold banded toy) and the cop said he was fine without checking. I swore that drone looked to be much higher that 400 feet.

Different props I see ? Heres mine
Yes, I run Carbon Fiber props. Very responsive with no flex. The only downside is descending too fast. With the flat factory props I can't come down too fast. I tried it in rabbit mode but I don't recommend it. With these props, I must be dead center in between rabbit and turtle for maximum speed for descending allowable.

OK, I have been able to confirm that I have bound my original radio up with it's Q500 4K drone. Makes me wonder if those other two radios that belong to those two crashed Q500 4K's that they came with, included in my purchases mean something LOL........

Just a quick note. I think this is what happened to me yesterday when my drone started drifting away with the breeze..... This is why I don't fly on cloudy days.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 7
Today would be a great day for flying with all them visible and locked satellites if it wasn't for the misty weather.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 3
Just to let you all know, I bound what I know is the original radio back to my Q500 4K and all is well again. I don't know if it was coincidence, but, I don't want to find out. I just don't know why it strayed with the st12. It's a nice radio an too bad I won't be using it and the other st10+ has sticky buttons. Like they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it. it was a bit breezy and I did a sat. lock test at 1o feet. It pretty much held it's own and when possible, it returned to it's original position.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval