Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Introduction - H520 user

Reaction score
Hey there,
here I am a new user of H520 from Poland. Have had it for 2 months and hoped we would fall in love with each other. Flying the thing is fun and enjoyable, automated flight modes are clever ... so I should be more than happy. Yet there is a scratch on this picture - after having the bird in the air for 11-12 hours st16s failed to work properly. Pitch stick or rather its J3 indicator showed the stick was not centered even though it was in its neutral position. Several attempts to calibrate the stick ended with J3 shined red. So my RC is in Germany now for the service attention. Pretty bad as for a brand new piece especially that it is marketed as a professional drone.

Is it only me or has it happend to anybody else?

Hey there,
here I am a new user of H520 from Poland. Have had it for 2 months and hoped we would fall in love with each other. Flying the thing is fun and enjoyable, automated flight modes are clever ... so I should be more than happy. Yet there is a scratch on this picture - after having the bird in the air for 11-12 hours st16s failed to work properly. Pitch stick or rather its J3 indicator showed the stick was not centered even though it was in its neutral position. Several attempts to calibrate the stick ended with J3 shined red. So my RC is in Germany now for the service attention. Pretty bad as for a brand new piece especially that it is marketed as a professional drone.

Hey there,

Not an uncommon problem often easily resolved by spraying plastic safe contact cleaner around the stick and waddling around the stick to work it in to the pot. You would have been better off mentioning the problem here before sending it off. The problem is often just down to dirt getting in to the pot.

Thanks for your reply and advice. I wish I did. I was using pressurized air to blow dirt out of the place but it failed to do so. On the other hand what made me think it was not the only cause of the problem was that when moving left stick (YAW - J2) from left to right I could see the J3 indicator reacted and moved. Pls. see attached file. Is this also a case when dirt gets on one stick only?

Anyway this should not have happened at this stage to H520 being sold as a professional machine. Yuneec should have made the sticks dustproof in my opinion for they (should ) know that it migh be exposed to harsh conditions.
And now my piece is grounded. I fear to think for how long.

In the meantime I have ordered sth called silicone rc stick dust proof protection cover
1565794994016.png wonder whether this will work...

Attachments

• ST16S-J3_behaviour_complaint_report_AGRI-GROW.jpg
    933.6 KB · Views: 7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio