Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

introduction

Reaction score
Greetings all ,
My name is john And I live outside fort Lauderdale Florida . Thank you for allowing me to share and gain knowledge from this group. Please excuse in the erratic typing errors, and so I had a stroke in November and typically rely on voice recognition for any typing. I work in the broadcast industry For a company that designs and manufactures High definition broadcasts cameras for the sports and entertainment industry.
I don't want to clutter up this introduction and hegt all long winded .But I have two basic questions .
I have long a few hours mostly in pilot mode as I live in an urban area with no large fields nearby.
My first question is regarding and logic involved in using it. I was flying in the neighborhood and only above 10 to 12 feet last night, and as the drone was piloted about to houses down the street I was getting close to a batch of palm trees.Logic would dictate as if the drunk at farther away from the and I wanted to bring it closer that I would just pull the correctional control on the app towards me as I'm facing the drone. Last night that actionMade the drone go further away from me .Is there a way to reverse fthe orientation of the control knobs on the app?

Lastly, when im comfortable with the drone on dry land .I would like to take the drone on my boat to the sandbar. Ideally I would like to launch i and circle around the boat keeping the lens oriented towards the boat to record.Is there a particular task mode that would make this easier to do, considering I will be all buttPuckered flying it over water
Thank you for your patience. I travel the south east extensively, and look forward to taking their drone with me and shooting video in the mountains And other scenic areas
Best regards, John

Welcome to YuneecPilots! You will find a lot of good information here as well as good people.

B29405EB-2DD2-48AA-8DCA-779FA7054C7E.jpeg

It is advisable to practice and become proficient at flying the craft both toward and away from you. The direction the camera is facing makes a huge difference, as that is the direction the Breeze flies with the ‘R’ in the off position when the right stick is pushed forward. Turning ‘R’ on reverses that.

The Orbit mode will accomplish your second objective mode-wise. As to using it over water, the puckering term you used in your post will be a frequent occurrence until the Breeze takes a dip in the briny. Actually flying is not a problem, it is trying to land on a boat that can be tricky.

Seriously, it is best to practice flying in the different modes in an open area where you will have time to react to the actions you take on the controls. You will find that there are in-app instructions for each mode of flight in the Breeze Cam app. Be sure to become familiar with the settings that control the RTH height, the distance and height geofences, and the distance to center point for Selfie and Orbit modes.

Last edited:
hank you for taking time to reply. all great information which would be good to have in a manual. think 'll go practice
best regards
John

The manual for the flight modes is the in-app help. It is ecologically green, and it is always on-hand if you are out flying. The paper manual is also in-app in the settings menu.

Reactions: Fxsales1959
When I first started out I recall doing this - which I’m sure many do. I’d pick a task, then think to myself, when I initiate the task, what will happen? You will be setting many different parameters in each task mode but the key knowing the software settings. One of the most important tasks is the return to home (RTH) setting. You’ll notice here you will set the height - and understanding why you set a specific height is very important. Sure, you could set the max height but even that could lead to trouble. It’s kind of like a game, you guess that you think, initiate the task, and see if you were right. As suggested, a large open field is best. As you get more comfortable you can reduce the field size and surrounding obstacles.

Good luck. Take your time. There is no hurry.

Lately, the first thing that I did to fly any smart drone was to start take-off to hover it then I hit the RTH to see where it's going to land.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin