Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

invisible fence ?

Reaction score
Flying in a 600 acre bean field and , it stops. Goes left or right and comes back. Goes abt 200-300 yards and no farther. What have i done wrong? it is three days old. got any ideas ?
Trapper Millet

Reactions: chris k
Also be advised there is an inner circle to the geo-fence. Trying to launch while standing too close to craft while Smart Mode is activated can produce unwanted results as some pilots have found.

From page 8 in the manual:

SMART CIRCLE

In most cases the Smart Circle will keep Typhoon H from coming within approximately 26 feet (8 meters) of you (as long as you position yourself at least 26 feet/8 meters behind Typhoon H.)

GEO-FENCE

The geo-fence is a virtual barrier that will keep Typhoon H from traveling farther than 300 feet (91 meters). The geo-fence only works in Smart Mode. Although this limit can be adjusted using the GUI we strongly recommend using the default limit at all times.

thank you for your help. Did not see that coming, limits in the middle of a 600 ac bean field. what is the rationale ? go slow inside the fence , go fast outside the fence!
googy!. no idea . Hands shake so bad takes 20 min to put in a micro chip. "Kelly's Heros" Donald Suterland 's character said " I just drive em man , i don't know what makes em go " that's me Thanks again ! looking for a 12 year old boy now!

Flying in a 600 acre bean field and , it stops. Goes left or right and comes back. Goes abt 200-300 yards and no farther. What have i done wrong? it is three days old. got any ideas ?
Trapper Millet

Failed to read the Quick Start Guide...

LOL. Do you wanna rephrase that :eek:

Just kidding. I know what you mean.
See !! Can't even formulate a sentence properly , and THEY expect me to do gui s!!
Why does everyone hate the S mode?
Why can't they allow me to operate in the S mode without restrictions ....forever ?

See !! Can't even formulate a sentence properly , and THEY expect me to do gui s!!
Why can't they allow me to operate in the S mode without restrictions ....forever ?
Unfortunately Safe mode is anything but safe for anyone unfamiliar with the H. Best to get to know your aircraft in Angle mode to begin with, then try Safe mode once you know what it really does and are able to fly within it's parameters so it doesn't bite you in the butt (for example, to know not to take off standing too close to the aircraft). Safe mode has it's uses but for the sort of stuff I do I have no need of it...I always fly in Angle.

Unfortunately Safe mode is anything but safe for anyone unfamiliar with the H. Best to get to know your aircraft in Angle mode to begin with, then try Safe mode once you know what it really does and are able to fly within it's parameters so it doesn't bite you in the butt (for example, to know not to take off standing too close to the aircraft). Safe mode has it's uses but for the sort of stuff I do I have no need of it...I always fly in Angle.

you,re spot on but , we are getting away from the point. which is , why restrict S mode into flying in a football field? this is new. last years model. you could fly S mode until your signal went away. RealSense came and fence went up.....Why , what is the rational ?
as far as A vs S . that plays out like the old augument about ....Straight shift va automatic shift. life is fun....then you die !

Default fence limits have always been there for Smart Mode. They have been there for Angle Mode as well but the two modes, in a manner of speaking, serve different customers. Smart Mode is intended for beginners, people that don't understand what they are doing, have yet to develop the skills necessary to correctly orient the aircraft for the desire direction of travel, and to prevent the aircraft from getting too far away for beginners to control in any manner. Sure, there are many times Smart Mode can and is effectively used for some things but if Smart Mode is the only mode one ever flies they are still essentially a beginner as they have failed to learn the capabilities of their aircraft and failed to develop their skills with command and control. They just happen to be a beginner with lots of beginner flight time.

A larger problem with Smart Mode is that far too many fail to learn anything about it before flying. They don't read instructions or watch informative videos, they just plug in a battery and power up. When they see the H doing strange things compared to their control input they don't realize they violated one of the requirements in using Smart Mode by launching the aircraft while inside the Safe Circle or by trying to force the aircraft to violate the Safe Circle while in flight.

You can alter the fence limits for Safe Mode (and Angle Mode) in the GUI. You are informed of this on page 20 of the H instructions. You have been chastising the system because of your failure to review the instructions and the system. In a way that's exactly why Safe Mode default distance limits exist.

The reason is, Yuneec designed the program this way. We just have to live with it!

You've been told why, and how to make it what you want. There's no more to be done by anyone here. The rest is up to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430