Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

IPS Flying Inside No GPS

Reaction score
Ok so #RayRay post from a couple of years ago is closed. So I can't add comments.

I have a customer who wanted to fly inside a silk and inside a fuel tank to use it for inspection etc.

I suggested that he get the Realsense Module and attach it to his existing 1st run H480 (2 antenna).

So I installed it and then went about trying to test to see how to get the IPS to work. I read the existing threads and saw that you had to leave GPS on and then lift off and it would turn on automatically etc etc.......

Well that DOESN'T WORK ANY MORE!

To active IPS
Turn controller on
Turn H480 with Realsense on
Switch to angle mode
Turn speed slider to Turtle
Disable GPS
Hold start button and start props
#### Turn GPS back on ####

IPS will now show up on the top right of the screen.

Make sure you have light on the ground so the camera can see it.

I made the mistake of doing it in a darkened room with no lights on.... After launching it started to move quickly to one side "SEARCHING" for detail in the camera sensor. If this happens to you his the red start stop button to force a landing. Since you are only a metre of the ground it will auto land.

After I followed these steps I had smooth inside flying and was able to navigate around the house... Down the halls etc.
Made a gteat sweeper and duster :p

Any way hope this helps.
I also suggest to the customer to get the prop guards as this will allow nudging of the walls without breaking props.

Another project "drone and dusted" :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech