Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

IR sensor emits light when switched on on the ground?

Reaction score
I would like to know if the IR sensor of the breeze, when it is on the ground (so not during taking off or in the air), emit IR light because mine seems off.

I have checked a normal IR sensor of my TV remote controller and when I click a button on it the IR switched on with a violet/white light (you can easily check with a normal smartphone camera)

So if someone can check for me or just telling me it would be very helpful because, if it should be on, I thought that, for some reason, mine doesn't work correctly (I can't take off for no reason)

I would like to know if the IR sensor of the breeze, when it is on the ground (so not during taking off or in the air), emit IR light because mine seems off.

I have checked a normal IR sensor of my TV remote controller and when I click a button on it the IR switched on with a violet/white light (you can easily check with a normal smartphone camera)

So if someone can check for me or just telling me it would be very helpful because, if it should be on, I thought that, for some reason, mine doesn't work correctly (I can't take off for no reason)
NicoCaldo, did you ever get the IR sensor issue resolved???

The following photos show the light you are curious about. It is invisible to the naked eye, but is visable with the iPhone camera. The first shows the Breeze on the ground with the sensor status yellow (too close). The orange colored spot under the Breeze is from the IR sensor. The second photo shows the spot with the Breeze about 1 foot off the ground and the sensor status blue.

View media item 696
View media item 697
Hope this answers your question.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1