Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is it a wonder we look to DJI !

Reaction score
Really getting frustrated with Yuneec, I am moved across to them after doing my CAA permission to fly last year on the recommendation of the instructors, the typhoon H is a great piece of kit and really impressed with it, all but the camera ! as i do stills rather then video I was so happy to hear the announcement of the new C23 camera and its availability for the Typhoon H.. I missed the initial release but ordered my camera from a supplier nearly 2 months ago and as of today have still not received it ! Myself and the supplier have contacted Yuneec for an update and the most information you get is 'sorry we have no further information on the product'. i think this is really poor customer service and they really shouldn't be advertising something they can't supply or at the least must know when the next batch is available.. seriously thinking of looking to other manufactures now !.... Rant over....

Steve

Might the delay have something to do with the fact your country’s entire postal service has been on strike for awhile? Last I read all of Canada’s mail has been stacking up in tractor trailers all over the country. The Canadian government even issued a request that no more mail be sent to Canada until the situation is resolved.

You might consider cancelling your order for a refund until the situation changes.

Reactions: KpossaDrones
In the UK, CAA stands for Civil Aviation Authority

Last edited by a moderator:
There have been rumors of a C23 that is compatible with the H may be available in the future, but no formal announcement has been made in regard to availability or pricing. Where are you getting your info from?

There have been rumors of a C23 that is compatible with the H may be available in the future, but no formal announcement has been made in regard to availability or pricing. Where are you getting your info from?

they are advertised for sale in the UK at several outlets, 2 models, one for the H and one for the H PLUS

And you do not think that your issue is with the advertiser and not Yuneec? IMHO, you are being strung along by the vendor... without any confirmation from the manufacturer. I understand the frustration... I have been waiting on any market penetration for the non-RS Plus model... nothing... not available.

And you do not think that your issue is with the advertiser and not Yuneec? IMHO, you are being strung along by the vendor... without any confirmation from the manufacturer. I understand the frustration... I have been waiting on any market penetration for the non-RS Plus model... nothing... not available.

potentially, but surely Yuneec themselves would know if and when something was available ? they are the ones that manufacture items...

And since Yuneec has not made that announcement of availability, they of course have no information to confirm. Get a refund from the vendor. If and when, this separately compatible model becomes available for the H, Yuneec will also have to release some firmware update, as the C23 is not currently an available camera model on the ST-16.

Reactions: PatR
And since Yuneec has not made that announcement of availability, they of course have no information to confirm. Get a refund from the vendor. If and when, this separately compatible model becomes available for the H, Yuneec will also have to release some firmware update, as the C23 is not currently an available camera model on the ST-16.

100% Agree. Get a refund and move on. That said, if stills is your thing @Steve0510 , I assume you are using the raw images from the CG03+ correct? While the stills from the C23 are amazing, the ones from the CG03 aren't necessarily bad. That said, I would not hold my breath waiting for the C23 to come out and work with the standard H. In fact if you think about it, what is the difference between what you paid for the camera alone and the cost of a Full-Boat H Plus? A grand? Two Plus batteries alone will cost almost 400 bucks - that means you get a brand new Plus and St-16s controller for 500.00 (at least this is how look at it). If I were working with my Typhoon I would ask myself is it worth it to hold off and wait indefinitely or should I just jump in and get started? I went through this same progression back in June - bought a Plus and have no regrets.

I agree with EaglesEye. Perhaps a line like “coming soon” is intended to deceive potential buyers as the word “soon” has no definition. If a seller is accepting deposits or full sales fees for an unreleased product without providing a hard delivery date they would be, IMO, taking money under false pretenses.

says compatible with Typhoon h on there website (yuneec ) ???

View attachment 12553View attachment 12554

Call YuneecUK at their sales number and see if you can order from them and expected date of delivery... also while you have them on the phone, ask to get transferred to the CS techs and inquire when the updated FW to support the C23 will be released. Please let us know what their response is.

Reactions: Rubik
Indeed, without new firmware a new camera model is no better than deadweight ballast.

Sorry, but I just don’t see Yuneec putting any further effort into the H, even if that effort was to be a new camera to excite accessory sales. Their money is made selling new systems, not trinkets. OTOH, perhaps if they put some serious effort into building better trinkets those sales would far exceed their current system sales...

Indeed, without new firmware a new camera model is no better than deadweight ballast.

Sorry, but I just don’t see Yuneec putting any further effort into the H, even if that effort was to be a new camera to excite accessory sales. Their money is made selling new systems, not trinkets. OTOH, perhaps if they put some serious effort into building better trinkets those sales would far exceed their current system sales...
Either would be better than the current status... if Yuneec would just fix the known and reported issues with the Plus... cruise control and CCC to mention two. Then come out with some comparable accessories to the H... modified ActionGrip comes to mind... they would be hitting on all cylinders. OTOH, if Yuneec came out with a C23 compatible with the H, you would get close to the same scenario.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorWiscPilot
100% Agree. Get a refund and move on. That said, if stills is your thing @Steve0510 , I assume you are using the raw images from the CG03+ correct? While the stills from the C23 are amazing, the ones from the CG03 aren't necessarily bad. That said, I would not hold my breath waiting for the C23 to come out and work with the standard H. In fact if you think about it, what is the difference between what you paid for the camera alone and the cost of a Full-Boat H Plus? A grand? Two Plus batteries alone will cost almost 400 bucks - that means you get a brand new Plus and St-16s controller for 500.00 (at least this is how look at it). If I were working with my Typhoon I would ask myself is it worth it to hold off and wait indefinitely or should I just jump in and get started? I went through this same progression back in June - bought a Plus and have no regrets.

I looked at that to, trouble is it leaves with a standard H and batteries that are not compatible ☹️

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have only flown my standard H a handful of times since the Plus purchase but it is piece of mind that I have a solid back-up if I ever need it.

Reactions: Steve0510

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval