Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is It Safe to Use Same Propellors from a Crash?

Reaction score
TL;DR (got the first crash out the way though)

I lost a couple propellors in the mix of a crash from 100+ft Is it safe to still use the same propellors from the flight that werent obliterated?

New parts on the way on expedited shipping but my dumbass forgot to order a new set of my props however in my kit I have a full set +2, but the ones in the crash were mixed with my spares so I'm worried.

TexasTyphoonH got divebombed over DFW, she entered redundancy mode but didnt have enough time to catch from 100 ft into a tree underneath between then and the ground, down one Arm A, and the rails broke off the gimbal but the camera came out safe, so mount kit and arm bracket, i may need to get a top cover in the future part of the plastic is chipped. Im not stressing too hard I also may have some warranty violations in my flight log so I'm doing the repairs myself

You will be fine if the blades are not chipped or damaged. I would replace them with new ones when possible.

TL;DR (got the first crash out the way though)

I lost a couple propellors in the mix of a crash from 100+ft Is it safe to still use the same propellors from the flight that werent obliterated?

New parts on the way on expedited shipping but my dumbass forgot to order a new set of my props however in my kit I have a full set +2, but the ones in the crash were mixed with my spares so I'm worried.

TexasTyphoonH got divebombed over DFW, she entered redundancy mode but didnt have enough time to catch from 100 ft into a tree underneath between then and the ground, down one Arm A, and the rails broke off the gimbal but the camera came out safe, so mount kit and arm bracket, i may need to get a top cover in the future part of the plastic is chipped. Im not stressing too hard I also may have some warranty violations in my flight log so I'm doing the repairs myself
It is not recommended to use them. That being said....

I crashed and used mine again after looking at them with a loupe ( couldn't find my glasses ). The risks are that the blade could have a slight twist, a bur, micro fracture, nic, and so on. Any of these "could" cause an issue so you would be doing this at your own risk. I did it at risk as I wanted to fly as soon as I could.

Seeing as they rotate at a high RPM, they can also cause unseen vibrations that may harm a motor or even fly off. When I did get my new ones, I replaced all of them to be safe. I did keep the ones in best shape as emergency backup though.

Reactions: TexasTyphoonH
I have 4 new sets of blades, but I have never had any problems yet. I'm glad you made it back on redundacy mode, that's awesome.

I inspect my propellers in between flights. I've had a few wild landings that required "retiring" propellers. I've had many propellers that just needed to be cleaned of bugs. The point is, that you need to do a prefight inspection...every time you fly.

Reactions: TexasTyphoonH

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop