Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is there a way to callibrate the Breeze camera?

Reaction score
I have noticed a tilt in the Breeze photos from left to right, is there a way to calibrate the camera to eliminate this tilt?

Interesting, I have noticed the same with my Breeze, and it took me quite a while to understand that it really is a 'feature' of my bird, and not just accidental repetition of pics with the same tilt...
After having opened the shell and looking at the gimbal and camera housing, I would say: no, it cannot be adjusted. At least not without a considerable risk of breaking it.

Thankfully, I haven't notice it while recording video and I can easily correct it in post production. Still it would be nice to have a firmware update to fix it.

I guess it is a hardware issue, i.e. the sensor being glued in a tilted position. No way to fix that per firmware...

Thankfully, I haven't notice it while recording video and I can easily correct it in post production. Still it would be nice to have a firmware update to fix it.

Firmware won’t fix it on the Breeze. If you remove the bottom cover you will be able to see the white silicone dampeners that the camera and other electronics are suspended from. Check to see if the dampeners are equally suspending the electronics. If not you can try adjusting a bit to get rid of the tilt. They can also be purchased and replaced if deformed for some reason.

The level of the camera can be checked by placing on a table and rotating the pitch gimbal so the table edge is at the top or bottom of the camera’s FOV.

Firmware won’t fix it on the Breeze. If you remove the bottom cover you will be able to see the white silicone dampeners that the camera and other electronics are suspended from. Check to see if the dampeners are equally suspending the electronics. If not you can try adjusting a bit to get rid of the tilt. They can also be purchased and replaced if deformed for some reason.

The level of the camera can be checked by placing on a table and rotating the pitch gimbal so the table edge is at the top or bottom of the camera’s FOV.
Thanks DM, I'll give it a try.

I can get rid of the tilt only by facing directly into or away from the wind, as the whole body and thus the camera have to lean for crosswind - and there's never less than a couple KPH wind here... which is a reason this place feels so great even in the summer, but not so great for using the air as a tripod :D

I can get rid of the tilt only by facing directly into or away from the wind, as the whole body and thus the camera have to lean for crosswind - and there's never less than a couple KPH wind here... which is a reason this place feels so great even in the summer, but not so great for using the air as a tripod :D

That is the penalty incurred for a camera without a gimbal for stabilization. Take your smart phone for a stroll and record a video while you walk. Pretty shaky and at times nauseating as the video bounces around on the screen isn’t it.

Now take that same camera and place it in a stabilizing gimbal and record a video as you walk. It looks like the camera is on a tripod on smooth tracks to keep it steady as you travel along. That gimbal will likely cost you between $100 and $200 for an entry level system.

The same applies with a drone and most in the $99 to $149 range do not come with a gimbaled camera. Most do not even include the tilt that the Breeze has for that price.

DM you are right as usual, I came to the same conclusion. Since the Breeze doesn't have a gimbal, if there is a cross wind, the Breeze may be attempting to hold the position by rolling slightly to counter it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430