Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is this an SD card problem?

Reaction score
Write speed too slow? Video set at 1080, card is 16G , U 3, outside temp is 17*
It's not nearly as jumpy uploaded to youtube, it's really jumpy froward/back on my PC. No other videos have done this.

Last edited:
Hard to say.... what I'm looking at says its 360p not 1080p. At 360p it's quite choppy, as expected. Also the AUTO WB changes colors on you periodically as you pan around.

Looks like a cold day. Brrrrrr...

Yeah seems like YT fixes some of the choppiness, and their "video quality " leaves alot to be desired. It's SUPPOSED to be HD:rolleyes:

Check your video settings in the ST-16 to make sure you're really at 1080p. Also check to see what the fps is set to.

Hard to say.... what I'm looking at says its 360p not 1080p. At 360p it's quite choppy, as expected. Also the AUTO WB changes colors on you periodically as you pan around.
Looks like a cold day. Brrrrrr...
When a video is first posted on Youtube it will display as 360p until it's completely done processing. It now shows 1080p @ 60fps.

I'm guessing the problem is with your computer and graphics card. Playing video at 60fps is a challenge for most video cards. Mine card will display 1440p @ 25fps better than 720p @ 60fps.
When you play it in Youtube, right click on the video screen and select "Stats for nerds". At the bottom of that box there is a display of dropped frames while the video is playing. When I view it in 1080p @ 60fps, about 10% of the frames are dropped which results in jerky video. When I play it in 480 @ 30fps there are nearly no frames dropped.
Check that on your pc to compare.

480-30fps.jpg 1080-60fps.jpg

It was the frames per second, 125, and most likely my video card.
Changed back to 40 fps and did this one. Also turned on the mic, just to see how much motor noise it gets, so turn the sound down/off

Reactions: PatR
When you yaw the camera, the video will generally be somewhat jerky anyway. The smoothest footage is always obtained when fly straight looking forward or off to the side. Your video above does confirm the dropped frames problem caused by the video card. This one plays much better.

Learn all you can, make sure it's right, then pass it on. I'm on a sled to the bottom of the hill so I won't be able to do this much longer.

When you yaw the camera, the video will generally be somewhat jerky anyway. The smoothest footage is always obtained when fly straight looking forward or off to the side.

That's interesting. Another experienced/professional H videographer told me the opposite, ie that the smoothest pans come from turning the gimbal rather than the craft. Is there a way to tell when viewing a YouTube video whether the H is turning or just the camera?

That's interesting. Another experienced/professional H videographer told me the opposite, ie that the smoothest pans come from turning the gimbal rather than the craft. Is there a way to tell when viewing a YouTube video whether the H is turning or just the camera?
Any rotational movement of the camera will have some blur, but the jerky playback is from the equipment used to view it. If you do pan shots you have better control with the gimbal control rather than the left stick so in that regard he is correct.

When a video is first posted on Youtube it will display as 360p until it's completely done processing. It now shows 1080p @ 60fps.
If you are uploading to the web 60p is not the way to go. 30p is web friendly. Use a class 10 card capable of at least 60mbps. Sony is what I use in all of my 4K cameras and my H and I have never experienced a glitch. If you do not have an editing program that will render 4K etc.to 1080p30 shoot at that frame rate for your uploads.

I had a similar issue and suspected a card fault as was jerky, however it was simply the PCs not man enough to play it back. Ran perfect on my 4K telex and now on the new PCs with better graphics

First of all, the place where you filmed is wonderful, congratulations! Where is it?
I had similar problems, but on a GoPro, and solved it by swapping the memory card with another one, U3 category - specifically developed to record high definition videos. That solved the problem!

Also know that YouTube recompresses video at whatever resolution you upload... usually about a third of your original MP4 file size. Also I suggest a U3 Class 10 card that can easily handle a 4K file at a write speed of 80+ mbps... that will keep frame dropping to a minimum.

Even if your current computer system cannot handle editing or playing back that video smoothly, you can downsize the original 4K camera footage to 1080p to edit or upload. That way you still can archive that original 4K video, until you have a computer system that is powerful enough. If you shoot at 1080, you cannot later increase that 1080 footage to 4K resolution... you would have to go back to re-shoot.

Reactions: rdonson
If you shoot at 1080, you cannot later increase that 1080 footage to 4K resolution... you would have to go back to re-shoot.
Truth there. In June, 2015 I added the Q500 4K. I shot a test video in 720p. It was only a test. Later I used it to make a video and uploaded it to Youtube and Facebook. It got something like 43,000 views in a few weeks. I was asked numerous times for the high resolution version. That was the last time I ever shot anything lower than 4K.

First of all, the place where you filmed is wonderful, congratulations! Where is it?
I had similar problems, but on a GoPro, and solved it by swapping the memory card with another one, U3 category - specifically developed to record high definition videos. That solved the problem!
That is my house/property in Missouri

Reactions: MarcusVR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio