Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is This Deal Too Good To Be True?

Personally I would pass. Refurbs need to be from an authorized dealer or source.

Personally I would pass. Refurbs need to be from an authorized dealer or source.

Seller claims to be authorized Yuneec dealer.

Not withstanding seller status, has anyone seen a better deal on the same package elsewhere?

Last edited:
I've often wondered where these sellers get models to "Refurbish" in the numbers that they do ??
I don't know anyone that's ever given up, sold or otherwise a drone to be refurbished.
First thing I do when I look at a possible Ebay purchase is look at the guys feedback. Even if it's good, they'll have some bad marks if they have sold enough items. You just can't please everyone and some will piss and moan just for the attention.
More important, I look for purchaser of the item I'm looking at and see what happened when they had a problem.
With this seller and the Q's he had for sale, some have had issues and the guys go to answer is to "Contact Yuneec". That's no good.
Others claim there Q was DOA.
And of course there are others who have had great luck and success with their purchase. I'm often leery as many wouldn't know if it's a good drone or a bad drone (being there first one) and think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
It's a tough call and in a situation like this I go for the old adage of "Buyer Beware" and "If it seems to good to be true it probably is".
I'll keep my cash and wait it out.
Jmo thanks :)

For those of you NOT in the know, eBay's refund policy is VERY lenient (maybe too lenient in many cases) w/the customer is always right attitude, no matter WHAT the seller says or how much the seller resists.. Just be sure to make some sense of whatever it is you are complaining about & be prepared to invest a little time on the back end w/ proper return shipping & subsequent refund...

Of course, if you don't know your tush from a toilet seat &/or are unable to hit your tush w/either hand, then leave well enough alone, move on & pay retail..!!! LOL!...

For those of you NOT in the know, eBay's refund policy is VERY lenient (maybe too lenient in many cases) w/the customer is always right attitude, no matter WHAT the seller says or how much the seller resists.. Just be sure to make some sense of whatever it is you are complaining about & be prepared to invest a little time on the back end w/ proper return shipping & subsequent refund...

Of course, if you don't know your tush from a toilet seat &/or are unable to hit your tush w/either hand, then leave well enough alone, move on & pay retail..!!! LOL!...

There is also an additional layer of protection if you pay with PayPal/credit card.

Not anymore if you are the buyer. It all goes back through the eBay site for resolution. If you are the seller, PayPal confiscates & freezes any money you have or will have until the conflict is over forcing you to resolve quickly & quietly....

Don't even get me started on Conflicts I've had with Ebay as a buyer....
I could prove an item I purchased was a clone but not in the time frame they wanted for the hoopes they wanted me to jump through.
I lost $270.00 on that scam.
Lesson learned about Ebay's joke of a buyer protection plan...
But that's for another website...
:)

You started yourself!!!

I'm not defending eBay, but I never had an issue w/having my money returned. But, I act w/in the time-frame necessary, which is reasonable, as apposed to what I would like it to be (forever??)...LOL! !!!

Seller also claims:

“Manufacturer Refurbished. One Year Manufacturer Warranty”

Presumably one could submit a warranty claim directly with Yuneec, if need be.

Seller also claims to be an authorized Yuneec dealer.

I purchased a refurbished Q500 4K from an individual in Florida a couple of months ago, he said that there was an issue with the software. Turned out the ESC's weren't assigned correctly in the GUI, an easy fix. I updated the firmware with every piece as a precaution, but may not have needed to. The unit has worked perfectly for me. The only criticism I can make is that the package was missing many little items, gimbal guard, viewing hood, original manuals, lanyard original charger. Things I had to purchase later. Still flying the unit and capturing great aerial footage.

It's $35 cheaper (including shipping) than the refurb 4k I got from Woot 6 months ago. Only issues with that was it had one bad prop (out of 8, doesn't screw on correctly,) and it came with what appeared to be a used (white,) battery.
Doesn't seem like a too good to be true deal..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval