Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is this normal???

Just picked up today. Opened box and pulled out aircraft. This stuck out like a sore thumb. Is this normal. Looks like it should be held up so cushion is tight. For as much as I just spent this is disappointing. My OCD will be kicking in to overdrive looking at this. Please advise. Thanks

From numerous reports it seems the compressed dampers is normal for both the Plus and 520.

My guess has them being filled with a hot oil or gelatin for improved flow that fills them but they contract when the fluid cools. Essentially temperature induced expansion and contraction. If I had a couple I’d experiment with a heat gun to see what happens.

From numerous reports it seems the compressed dampers is normal for both the Plus and 520.

My guess has them being filled with a hot oil or gelatin for improved flow that fills them but they contract when the fluid cools. Essentially temperature induced expansion and contraction. If I had a couple I’d experiment with a heat gun to see what happens.
BOOM!

Last edited:
Reactions: oliver and rdonson

I'm going to give that a try, I bought a pack of new ones.

IMG_1538015122.692666.jpg

I tried it out, and @PatR you’re the man.
The right damper has not affected as much vs the left damper. I heated both of them for about 10sec. and the both seemed to solidify, but the most affected one on left, bloated a bit, but it seems solid.

I’m in the process of cooling them and do another test.

My damper's have been compressed since hour zero opening two different H Pluses.

My gimbal is as perfect as I can judge; better then the 480 H which was a surprise.

I do not worry about this.

IMG_1538017612.047737.jpg

I got them at Terrestrial Imaging.

So, I cooled each one and I am going to heat them all up.

IMG_1538017792.643300.jpg

Experiment earlier, WORKED!

My damper's have been compressed since hour zero opening two different H Pluses.

My gimbal is as perfect as I can judge; better then the 480 H which was a surprise.

I do not worry about this.

Hahaha.. You tease.. It will soon look like ours one day.

You could always contact Yuneec and send them these pics. They’d probably send you new ones in addition to the extras that came with the H+, I’d think. I can’t see them as a high cost item for them, and that would play into good CS after the fact.

Heat Gun vs: solder gun two different range in temperatures. Heat guns have heating coils getting red hot, Unlike solder will only heat up modestly the side your touching. I still say BOOM! Liquid expands!

I let it freely hang for 10hrs, the heat treated damper looks better than before.

Heat treated IMG_8359.jpg

Untreated IMG_1538057486.627811.jpg

So what's the process? Because I'm about to do the same thing with mine.

Brodie, just heat them up, it may take longer using a blow dryer vs a heat gun. I only had to heat mine up for 15 sec. let it cool and then heat it up again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss