Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is this normal?

Reaction score
Repaired my Q’s update connector with a servo lead. After some head scratching and a reboot I finally have the GUI working! Double yay! So now I ask, is this response normal? Conditions are: in my basement, on a table with a metal frame, and unsure on the original compass cal done in my front yard. Firmware is latest. Can’t upload the short vid I have. Gyro and compass real busy.
Next up is a proper compass cal done in an open field. Ran out of money for props for now.
Wouldn’t load the pic for me so I posted a better screenshot.

Attachments

• 1D788B90-75C8-4C99-980A-2F1F2F7C346C.png
    1D788B90-75C8-4C99-980A-2F1F2F7C346C.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Looks like you are good. You can't upload video here. You have to upload it to Youtube and the put the link here.

I'm not sure what readings you are concerned with, so to give you a reference, I lined a Q500 up in roughly the same orientation, took a screenshot, and made a comparison image. I see no differences other than the normal things that vary.
Yes, it is normal for Gyro and Compass "Raw" values to be "busy".
Note the Compass "raw" values are only the sensor values. Think of them as “ingredients”. The “recipe” is generated for your individual drone when you do the compass calibration. The "cooked" value shows up as the YAW reading. It should be ~0 when the drone is pointed East (not North), ~+90 is South, -90 is North, and 180 is West. Note you are inside, on a metal framed table, and the drone is sitting next to a running computer. Don't get too focused in on the exact values you see when on the GUI.

GUI.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Thanks for the comparison. Other than making me hungry it’s helping to slowly eliminate any possible damage from being lost in the mail for a week. I wasn’t concerned about specific value per se, just the wild fluctuations. I figured it prolly was normal as the sensors are reporting very accurate position information but wanted to make sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430