Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is yuneec going to Implement airsense in their products

Reaction score
I hope yuneec provides airsense for typhoon h and the rest of their products DJI is working on that for their product and I think it would be a good idea for our product I myself prefer yuneec. I dont want to have to buy a dji just to have airsense

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Probably the last thing on their mind, probably wouldn't be retrofitted. Perhaps on a new model, if there still in business. It's a very complicated instrument to implement.

Last edited:
If it becomes a requirement by the FAA.
It is unclear at this point whether it will be a requirement and, if so, what drone classes will be affected. Commercial drones are more likely to be operating (legally) in airspace proximal to air traffic. Home built and FPV drones are not likely to install such a system even if it's required. See and avoid has worked quite well to date. The only mishaps have been related to cowboy pilots who don't follow the rules anyway. So is it worth the additional cost to require all operators to buy this equipment? The FAA has yet to formally enforce the rules they currently have on the books. Adding more requirements has only affected the legit pilots.

Reactions: Thecloth and Ren57
As of right now the FAA has come to a standstill on remote ID. I imagine that Yuneec will wait to see what the FAA comes up with before they start worrying about any sort of remote ID technology.

What Yuneec is most worried about is how to keep afloat. Excluding DJI, EVO and Anafi has made a come back, gained momentum, presently hard to beat and the brand made its way to every influencer, and V-bloggers vocabulary.

Reactions: JackMTaco
Seems most are greatly concerned about the future of the relatively inexpensive, generally easily affordable consumer drone market.

Sadly, that’s not what the industry is looking towards for future capability. The consumer drone market was a disposable venture from day one. Useful for capitalization and market development but not where the majority of revenue generation would finally come from. Interestingly, the majority of users still haven’t figured out the big money will not be made in flying them, but in providing hardware, software, and services. The majority of the consumer/107 population is too busy under cutting the “other guy” to make money at it.

Seems most are greatly concerned about the future of the relatively inexpensive, generally easily affordable consumer drone market.

Sadly, that’s not what the industry is looking towards for future capability. The consumer drone market was a disposable venture from day one. Useful for capitalization and market development but not where the majority of revenue generation would finally come from. Interestingly, the majority of users still haven’t figured out the big money will not be made in flying them, but in providing hardware, software, and services. The majority of the consumer/107 population is too busy under cutting the “other guy” to make money at it.

Agreed. I look at DJI and it is clear they are moving away from lower end and mid-level drones towards the higher end equipment. The Phantom is going, but the P4RTK survives in all its huge price tag glory. There is data that indicate that the consumer market is nearing saturation. Commercial use will be where it is at, with higher prices to match.

Agreed. I look at DJI and it is clear they are moving away from lower end and mid-level drones towards the higher end equipment. The Phantom is going, but the P4RTK survives in all its huge price tag glory. There is data that indicate that the consumer market is nearing saturation. Commercial use will be where it is at, with higher prices to match.
I can understand as a company you have to make money in order to stay in business but it would be a shame if yuneec concentrates only on commercial .As a consumer the typhoon H is high end. What I loved about the product is that it was different the landing gear was retractable the arms to the props had a positive positioning we're props where not in your pictures or video I take pictures and videos for my personal use I don't sell them I don't make money off of this I'm now 59 years old and for me this drone is high in my finances are limited I guess all I'm saying to the company is don't forget the little guys because even though it's not the millions or the hundreds that you want to make on that one item we do contribute to your organization obviously I have the Drone and that I bought multiple batteries so there's money to be made with the product there's people out there that get these items for free just because they may have a YouTube channel or they're making a review or things like that. I'm not lucky to be one of those guys I'm just lucky enough to be able to own one and as I mentioned before I'm very pleased with this product I only wish I can buy all of them but I can't but for now with the typhoon h and my Breeze I'm a happy camper thank you yuneec for the product that you made.

If there’s any consolation in this, Yuneec has never been noted for providing free samples in exchange for favorable reviews.

The majority of those that obtained free product had to work for them as beta testers, sharing a lot of risk for minimal reward.

If there’s any consolation in this, Yuneec has never been noted for providing free samples in exchange for favorable reviews.

The majority of those that obtained free product had to work for them as beta testers, sharing a lot of risk for minimal reward.
Well PatR I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing but for me I'm glad that they don't. I'm speaking for myself I just hope that the company doesn't stop producing this product line of drones I recognize that technology is advancing every day and the initial question was if yuneec going to update the software or the hardware to implement airsense. I don't fly around airports but it would be nice to have an early warning like that surely sometimes you hear an aircraft and you turn up to look at it and you have to search to find it even when you're not flying a drone.
I'm not sure of your part of the company or not but thank you for your reply.
Happy flying from Texas

Yuneec has falling behind. I dont expect much from them except for a newer H plus with all the features they could have added with a firmware fix for the current H Plus.

Robert d.i.s.

I am not part of Yuneec in any way, just a retired industry “insider” with a limited ability to make predictions based on statistical analysis.

The market is making large and rapid changes and only outfits with a lot of resources are going to be able to compete. The regulatory environment will shortly cause the consumer level drones to fall into short supply while the upper level market starts to experience rapid expansion.

The days when tens of thousands of $1200-$2000 drones were being sold to generate capital are pretty much over and being over shadowed by system sales where 10-40 drones generates revenue of $40-100 million.

On the up side, just because the Typhoon H is no longer in production in no way affects its functionality. As long as we can obtain or adapt batteries to power them they will remain a reliable and useful platform. Some creativity will be required but that’s neither bad or difficult to deal with.

The future for any drone manufacturer will not be what it was. The “drone craze” is diminishing. Two years ago everybody wanted one. Some crashed , some are sitting in closets and some continue to fly. Most of these people were one time buyers. The last thing any manufacturer wants is poor sales. So it will be interesting to see what the next chapter will bring and who will survive

Reactions: Mokuluanui
The future for any drone manufacturer will not be what it was. The “drone craze” is diminishing. Two years ago everybody wanted one. Some crashed , some are sitting in closets and some continue to fly. Most of these people were one time buyers. The last thing any manufacturer wants is poor sales. So it will be interesting to see what the next chapter will bring and who will survive

Reactions: Steve Carr
I hope yuneec provides airsense for typhoon h and the rest of their products DJI is working on that for their product and I think it would be a good idea for our product I myself prefer yuneec. I dont want to have to buy a dji just to have airsense
May I ask: "What is airsense"?

May I ask: "What is airsense"?
Hello think of it as radar when you're flying your drone on your tablet or on your controller it will show that there's aircraft approaching and basically I think it would be a good idea because you know how there's some times you hear a plane and you look up to look for it and you got to search to find it even when you're not flying a drone so I think it would be a good idea simply because then you basically get air traffic you know where you can see if you have an approaching aircraft in your area. You obviously reduce the altitude not to create a problem for that manaircraft.

Reactions: Photo
Hello think of it as radar when you're flying your drone on your tablet or on your controller it will show that there's aircraft approaching and basically I think it would be a good idea because you know how there's some times you hear a plane and you look up to look for it and you got to search to find it even when you're not flying a drone so I think it would be a good idea simply because then you basically get air traffic you know where you can see if you have an approaching aircraft in your area. You obviously reduce the altitude not to create a problem for that manaircraft.
Aha, thanx Robert!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval