Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is Yuneec Playing a Joke On Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm about fed up with Yuneec's customer service.

A little back story, I bought a Q500+ in April 2018. In May 2018, my ST10+ screen became unresponsive to touch and would zoom in and out on its own. I tried contacting Yuneec by email several times with no response. By mid-summer, it started yawing when I throttled down.

Finally, in October 2018, I was able to get a work order started. In November, I sent the transmitter to United Radio. They calibrated the sticks and sent it back to me. They didn't touch the screen issue. The sticks worked for 2 flights, and went back to yawing.

I called UR and they told me to create another work order with Yuneec. I did, and in January, I sent it back to UR for repair. They replaced the sticks, but didn't touch the screen issue again.

In the beginning of February, I set up for a Yuneec CSR to call me. I got a call and he decided to send me a brand new ST10+, under warranty. I had to send mine to them, and once they got it, they'll send me a new one. They received it in 2 it 3 days and updated the website to reflect that. About 4 or 5 days ago, I did an online chat with CSR, asking where my new ST10+ was. He apologized and ordered an new one to be sent to me right then. The next day, I got a UPS tracking link.

Today, about 30 minutes ago, I received my brand new ST10+ ground station. I opened it up to make sure it wasn't damaged, and THERE'S NO STICKS IN IT. I can't believe this. Now, I cannot get on their website to save my life.

My warranty ends next month. What am I supposed to do here? I really hope I don't get this same customer service if something happens to my H Plus. I'm really disappointed with them right now. IMG_20190301_192553421.jpeg

not really into this sort of site to fix your problem but there are already 2 threads open regarding connecting to Yuneec US
so this covers a lot of stuff as it is urgent wikihow its quite in death and just about covers everything
have you asked any neighbours to see if they can get on the site

Take a deep breath and hold it, count to 10,000 as slowly as you can........if you are still conscious you can scream now.

You won't be able to contact them again until 8AM Pacific Time on Monday.

not really into this sort of site to fix your problem but there are already 2 threads open regarding connecting to Yuneec US
so this covers a lot of stuff as it is urgent wikihow its quite in death and just about covers everything
have you asked any neighbours to see if they can get on the site
This thread is not about contacting Yuneec. It's about the crap they have dragged me through over the last 11 months. Their website being down is just the icing on the cake.

I admire your controlled vocabulary under these circumstances. For me, I fear my walls may have blistered when I opened that box.

The Yuneec website isn't actually down. Many can get on, many can't. Maybe something about location, maybe about what type computer/browser/who knows? I get on with PC windows 7 and windows10, using internet explorer on both. You may need to find a way to at least get on their site before Yuneec opens Monday. If you can't, post a request and maybe someone can provide a phone number that actually will get a response.

From your description your issues are primarily with United Radio, rather than Yuneec. I would recommend dealing with them first... certainly either Yuneec or UR should be cross-shipping a new controller to you.

From your description your issues are primarily with United Radio, rather than Yuneec. I would recommend dealing with them first... certainly either Yuneec or UR should be cross-shipping a new controller to you.
Yuneec sent me a brand new radio. The attached pic is what I received. There's no sticks in it.

• Wow
Reactions: Steve Carr
Although I do agree, I have a huge gripe with United Radio, too. They're a joke.

Last edited:
In that case deal with Yuneec on Monday morning... best time to call them is between 8:05 AM PT and 8:15 AM PT that will be early enough to easily schedule a callback appointment. Once you have them on the phone, you can immediately e-mail them pictures of what you received. I do know that in circumstances like this in the past, they will cross-ship a new controller to you, the next day. Of course remaining calm with the CS personnel is best...

Oh, I know. They have me by the gonads. I tell people all the time, you get what you give. I try hard to live by that motto. I have their US customer service number somewhere. I wrote it down a couple months ago.

Reactions: oldfhat
I finally got into the website using this address: Yuneec USA | Support
I had to clear the browser cache again before it would work.

I am amazed at the poor support you have gotten. It's obvious someone grabbed this box off the shelf and never opened it.
I can understand an occasional mix-up at support, but this is a train wreck. Once derailed things just kept getting worse.

It actually looks like the case front and screen with switches. Weird. It is worrisome that Yuneec seems to farm their repairs out to 3rd parties who have no skin in the game. Another odd decision.

Reactions: TurboDad81
It actually looks like the case front and screen with switches. Weird. It is worrisome that Yuneec seems to farm their repairs out to 3rd parties who have no skin in the game. Another odd decision.
They also use KAV in Kansas City, but overall KAV appears to be reasonably competent and I believe Yuneec maintains a presence on that site.

I am amazed at the poor support you have gotten. It's obvious someone grabbed this box off the shelf and never opened it.
I can understand an occasional mix-up at support, but this is a train wreck. Once derailed things just kept getting worse.

I'm 100% with you. I can understand a mix-up once in a while. And I've pretty much bit my tongue up until now. I'm one to give people and companies a chance. I don't just go blasting people right off the bat. With my warranty coming close to an end, I had to get this out. I think this whole thread is just me wanting to blow some steam. I can't explain it to my wife, because all she knows is it's the same company I got my H Plus from. I can only assume this is only happening because the Q500 is pretty much at its end of life with them. I don't know. I'm trying to stay optimistic.

You may be correct. Although they still offer a warranty on refurbished Q's. If you can't get thru on the phone try the online chat or schedule a call back appt.

Dealing with your issues, turnaround times and solutions is one thing....it can happen.....not often but it does happen.

However, sending you an obviously non functional unit like that controller....wow. Was it factory sealed, never opened? If so I can see how they wouldn’t have caught that, and it’s an unfortunate factory defect. Doubtful it’s happened before or they’d be checking every unit on the shelf. They may do just that, Monday morning when you bring this to their attention. I’d even suggest management escalation. Not to be a pain, but this is something management would want to know about.

I don't know if they come in cellophane or not, because this wasn't wrapped. It was in the factory box with all edges taped with clear shipping tape. I don't know if you can see it in that picture, but all of the screws that hold in the sticks are gone, except for 1 in the bottom right corner of the right stick. Almost like they were there at one point. There's no loose screws anywhere and the rubber grips are glued on tight though.

I just returned from kav service and Russ who works there fixed a simple problem that I still wouldn't have been able to do myself. They only work on yuneec drones which is good. I won't mention names but I have had problems with another major player and gave up because they don't do or have any repair place which shocked the heck out of me. I finally found one place on line that does. Have you ever tried making an appointment with Mitch on the yuneec? He's like a walking yuneec encyclopedia and also gave me the bad news that you can't watch your videos on an st 12 screen or on a phone. Well c'est la vie. He might be able to help you with an alternative fact. Lol I have the phone number for kav service if you want and ask for Russ. I also saw some guys sitting around a small conference table with a new drone on the table. I didn't ask but maybe there is something else on the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval