Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Issue flying forwards?!

Reaction score
So, managed to get a break in the weather and the kids were out with their mum so I went for a fly. All great!

So I take her up about 20m and push the right stick forwards. It didn't move. It happily moved left, right, backwards. I try again and off she flies for about 20 yards before doing what is best described as an emergency stop.

This continues intermittently through the whole flight. I put it in sport mode (bloody quick!!) and it was fine. Back in Angle mode and happened again. I had OBS avoid on... Turned it off and went fine. It has intel realsense, but was 20m up and nothing near it. Only came back from Yuneec on Wednesday with the new firmware on.

I have a video of what it does, but need to change the format to post. Anyone got any ideas? Or is it off to Yuneec again?:mad:

Were you pointing at the sun when it wouldn't go forward ? DJI's are always doing this sort of thing when they think the sun is an obstacle - wondered if your H+ was doing something similar ? If so, the answer would be the same as it is for them - turn off OA. If it's not that, and you've checked the sensors for dust / debris then there might be something wrong with RS.

Sun, in December in the UK? I wish :p

Unfortunately quite over cast and dull. The sensors were clean as well. Not good prognosis by the sounds of it..

Reactions: thetrecker
Sun, in December in the UK? I wish :p
I'm in the UK, and I swear I saw some this morning :) Had a great plan for flying today, but then UAVforecast told me winds were 69 mph at 200 ft, and that was the end of that !! :/

Probably best to phone Yuneec tomorrow and see what they say - in the meantime you can at least fly with it off, and Tuesday is looking good weather-wise...

Reactions: Exaere
I have experienced this one or two times in extremely strong winds, but think it was because the drone was at a maximum angle to fly into the wind and the drone stopped to avoid motor overload.

It was fairly blustery and obviously would be worse at altitude. I'll give it another try tomorrow or Tuesday (weather permittiy!) and see if it does it again.
Thanks guys

Go into the menu to the RC Monitor section. Be sure that the sticks are giving you full movement on the scales, paying particular attention to J3. You may need to just re-calibrate the sticks.

Go into the menu to the RC Monitor section. Be sure that the sticks are giving you full movement on the scales, paying particular attention to J3. You may need to just re-calibrate the sticks.
I'll have a look at the calibration of the sticks, but I don't think that's the cause as it was intermittent. After the first try it would fly for 20-50m before literally slamming itself into reverse (I don't know what the technical term would be[emoji5])

P.S what format videos can we upload on this forum?

I would second the notion to go in and check the sticks. However; never re-calibrate the sticks (as a first measure) if they are indeed faulty in the RC Monitor.

If you try to re-calibrate a stick that has a dirty pot, your basically telling the software that whatever erratic behavior the stick is producing - is normal. This will only cause more problems.

A month and a half ago my right stick started acting up on my ST-16s, the Plus would not respond correctly to the stick input. Went home, disassembled the controller, removed the stick, cleaned in with plastic-safe electronic cleaner, used a little compressed air to blow it dry and everything was back to normal.

If it is not the RS causing the problem, my guess is the sticks need a little cleaning. This has been a known maintenance issue with the standard H and will likely be one with the Plus going forward.

Thanks Ty, I'll have a look when I get the kids to bed!
Hoping there's not any dirt in there, only done three flights!

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I should say as well that when I had this problem early on it was solvable for me with just 5 minutes of solid stick wrangling. Be in the sticks monitor while you do this so you can notice any change in the response once any oxidation is cleared. If that doesn't work go straight to the switch cleaner, but I didn't need it, and haven't had the problem since...

Were you pointing at the sun when it wouldn't go forward ? DJI's are always doing this sort of thing when they think the sun is an obstacle - wondered if your H+ was doing something similar ? If so, the answer would be the same as it is for them - turn off OA. If it's not that, and you've checked the sensors for dust / debris then there might be something wrong with RS.

I think only Yuneec is affected by the sun and stalls because of it.

Well I've checked the RC monitor and all seems to be fine. Took her for a very short flight and it didn't repeat the event...
I'll try it again on a longer flight. May just have been a strange glitch.... Hopefully not to be repeated [emoji848]

Slight update for anyone interested.
No issues at all when I flew the h+ yesterday. Very weird. But thanks for the suggestions and info [emoji106]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop