Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ITELITE vs 4 Hawks Raptor range extender

The basic design seems similar, I would not expect much difference.
Doubtful that any members would have 2 to test side by side, but it's possible.
I like the appearance of the 4hawks Raptor, but since I have one I'm biased.:eek:

Reactions: Steve Carr
The basic design seems similar, I would not expect much difference.
Doubtful that any members would have 2 to test side by side, but it's possible.
I like the appearance of the 4hawks Raptor, but since I have one I'm biased.:eek:
Can u tell a difference in the signal quality?

I have not long got the itelite fitted and it's a big improvement on stock
Here is how far I went still had video and no glitching with the new antenna

f3981fd0daf435f6e06f2f0771ca6675.jpg

I don't understand why yuneec never kitted the Q out with a antenna like this in the first place
Thomas, it's because with the kit antenna you can fly behind yourself w/o losing contact and the risc to crash.

I don't understand why yuneec never kitted the Q out with a antenna like this in the first place
Because the laws are that one must not fly an RC aircraft farther than direct line of sight control. The OEM antennas are more than ample for the safe, legal operation of the RC aircraft. Flying out farther than one can see the RC aircraft only feeds the argument that more stringent, tighter, and limiting regulations (and more serious punishments for infractions against them) are required for these sUAS.

Reactions: PatR and Thomas111
So I bought the Itelite DBS05.6B & while I do get decent range out of it I still get video signal that has freeze frames when not that far out. I happened to find the build quality pictures for both the Itelite & the 4Hawks antenna & you tell me which one looks like it would be better suited for signal improvement? I'm leaning on the side of the 4Hawks Antenna but tell me your honest opinions, when I say honest opinion I only want you to tell me which one you think would get overall better signal improvement, not anything like well one or the other will be more than enough to go out a specific distance! Thank You Tom C

4Hawks XR-1resized.jpg 4Hawks XR-2resized.jpg 4Hawks XRresized.jpg itelite DBS 05.6B-1resized.jpg itelite DBS 05.6BResized.jpg

Reactions: ginger
I think they are going to roughly equal regarding the signal strength. The antenna you use on the ST16 is only half the antenna system. The video transmitter antenna is inside the camera. I have found the best signal from the camera seems to be when the camera is facing away from me. If I am flying out over 2000' and yaw the aircraft or camera, the video will often freeze until the camera is straight away or straight toward me. The signal then returns. I've been using the Itelite for about a year.

well I just got the 4hawks did a modified mount to use it on my h520 st16s. it is mounted to my h520 controller on a custom h480 st16 battery bay that is held on by the h520 st16s handle also using 3 rp sma tees that split the st16s connectors into 2 lines one line goes to the factory Omni and the other line goes to the 4hawks. Just did a 1h 10 min test flights at 11 am no issues rock solid. the Omni is backup just in case the h520 goes behind the controller over head when going for the landing.

Reactions: ArealDynamics
itelite is on my h480 but it only a 2 line version not the three line. I have st16+ which has 3 rp sma connectors so I got the itelite and a stock Omni attached also works solid . On the h480s I also did the external antenna mod on the drone works well. but I have to wonder .On the h480 main antenna part not the wires at the land gear area.The main elements for the factory antenna are located toward the very front of the unit. the antenna mod move that toward the middle bottom.

I've been using the Itellte for quite a while and have found it to be great. A definite improvement over the stock antenna. I recently purchased the Raptor and have used this for the last few flights. I have noted no significant difference between the Itelite or Raptor in regards to signal quality. I still get video breakup/freeze at similar distances with either antenna. I don't fly long distances, but I do have obstructions such as trees. No antenna using this frequency is going to help this.
The Raptor is certainly a smaller 'footprint' on the ST16 and I do like the idea of being able to adjust the direction angle. The Raptor also seems to be of a slightly higher build quality. It is also a better/firmer fit on the ST16 with the attachments.
The downside is that I now have to store my ST16 (with Raptor) in a separate case as it will no longer fit in the case with the Typhoon, unlike the Itelite. The Raptor actually sits higher off the top of the ST16.

Knowing what I do now, if you have the Itelite, then just stick with it.
If you want to upgrade from the stock antenna, then either one of these new units will do the job just fine.

Reactions: Nesher and 5prock3t

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop