Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

It's been fun.. but had to return my Breeze, I'm back!

Reaction score
Well.... I've done all the testing I can do without modifying something (battery or prop length or prop pitch). I warmed the batteries up today - as LiPo's work best when warm (produce the most power). I measured each cell, and the voltages were close; 4.16, 4.16 and 4.18 volts. 4.200 is ideal, but this is close, and this is reason I don't show 100% when I start flying as each cell is just a bit off peak charge. Each battery is about 12.51V when starting. I hovered today in the front room, no GPS, and testing 2 batteries, I got flight times of 7 min 20 seconds, and 6 min 45 seconds - and this is measured from the start of the flight until I see the Battery Low (15% left) on the cell phone screen. This is disappointing to me, but my conclusion is that the thinner air at 5300 feet (Colorado) is causing the motor RPM to increase and thus using more power from the battery reducing actual flight times. With the GPS turned on, and flying outside where wind might add to the short flight times, I'd perhaps get 6 minutes max (a guess).

I have decided I can't live with this short of flight time and will be taking the Breeze back (it's done, Walmart - no issues at all) - as nice as it is, and I really like the price and function, but I want 15 minutes of flying which would suit me needs fishing and kayaking.

I won't be posting much anymore as I won't have this nice toy. Hope you all take care and have fun with your Breeze. Happy New Year.

Scott

Well.... I've done all the testing I can do without modifying something (battery or prop length or prop pitch). I warmed the batteries up today - as LiPo's work best when warm (produce the most power). I measured each cell, and the voltages were close; 4.16, 4.16 and 4.18 volts. 4.200 is ideal, but this is close, and this is reason I don't show 100% when I start flying as each cell is just a bit off peak charge. Each battery is about 12.51V when starting. I hovered today in the front room, no GPS, and testing 2 batteries, I got flight times of 7 min 20 seconds, and 6 min 45 seconds - and this is measured from the start of the flight until I see the Battery Low (15% left) on the cell phone screen. This is disappointing to me, but my conclusion is that the thinner air at 5300 feet (Colorado) is causing the motor RPM to increase and thus using more power from the battery reducing actual flight times. With the GPS turned on, and flying outside where wind might add to the short flight times, I'd perhaps get 6 minutes max (a guess).

I have decided I can't live with this short of flight time and will be taking the Breeze back (it's done, Walmart - no issues at all) - as nice as it is, and I really like the price and function, but I want 15 minutes of flying which would suit me needs fishing and kayaking.

I won't be posting much anymore as I won't have this nice toy. Hope you all take care and have fun with your Breeze. Happy New Year.

Scott
Sorry to hear that. You could look at the Q500. It is very solid and may be a better choice for you.

Scott, altitude and temperature definitely have an effect. You're starting at an altitude most consumer drones never reach. My suggestion is if you stay with Yuneec, Typhoon H with maybe 4 batteries, because you'll still see less battery life.

Or go DJI Mavic or P4. It is what it is.

Yea, the Breeze was a nice machine. I'm looking at 20+ minute fight time drones now, but expensive. For the price, the Breeze was a nice deal. The Mavic, used, $750 - wow, a lot for a hobby I may not use much, then I see it again - as so many have. The Typhoon, while nice, is larger than I'd like. I would like a smaller, easily carried, drone. I'll keep looking.

Just a quick update. Since Dec 20th, the original post I’ve been all over different forums searching for drones, from $1000 down to $100. Made offers on used drones (dji) a few times as there are many for sale. My issue is that I really did not have an application for a drone. With all the NFZ’s and no real need to take video (of the same scenery over and over), I didn’t see any value in having a drone. Well now, I’m focusing on fishing from shore with a drone. Fly the fishing line out a hundred yards or so, drop it, fly the drone back, and reel in the bait slowly. I have a few lakes I fish where this might be fun. We’ll see. Anyway, after all the looking around, the Breeze is still a good value, but the flight time is not so good. I bought another Breeze and I have a Bug 3 arriving today, $120 with 2 batteries, and flight times (projected) at 15 minutes. This drone may work for fishing, I’ll know soon. I’ll be returning one of the two.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx