Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

It's getting worse for the typhoon.

Reaction score

Is getting embarising for the typhoon H and you wonder why is Yuneec selling the H.

Another review by DJI. You could post these comparisons all day long. They are all made to promote DJI. This guy makes a bunch of how-to videos for the P3-4. You can make any camera look good or bad depending on how you set it up.

And another person who's clueless about bitrates. If you're going to spend ten minutes making a technical comparison between cameras, you need to actually know what you're talking about. Which this guy really doesn't.

It's almost worth making a parody video.

Tuna. You seriously don't understand image quality and bit rate. I don't care how good the compression engine is compression is always a bad thing.
And you do DerStig! If so, can you please explain to me why my P4 has better quality output than my H, I would really like to understand the differences!;)

Tuna. You seriously don't understand image quality and bit rate. I don't care how good the compression engine is compression is always a bad thing.

So you think that measuring a variable bit rate compressor on a largely still image gives a meaningful result?

Reactions: Snagglesworth
Our beautiful round. 4K camera, then there the boxyP4 thingy lol. I'm courious how many THs were rejected when they were tested in Yuneec California before we even got to see them.

Speaking of cameras. I was looking at files on my memory card and there was a 1 second clip and the bit rate was around 60,000 compared to the other mp4s that were much less. I didn't even think about it and deleted it because I knew it wasn't a video I was going to use. Another problem is all my new clouds are corrupt. They play fine in wmp and QuickTime but Song Vegas pro 13 or movie maker wrong play it. Files shot a few days ago work fine.

Mr. DerStig and Mr. Tuna,

Please note that the average drone consumer does not care about bit rates because honestly they don't understand the tech. Even if a higher bit rate was a good thing, it doesn't equal a good image because you have so many other pieces of the image puzzle to ruin what could have been great (i.e., lens, focus, processor, firmware, etc). No matter how much you two argue this back and forth the reality is that the Typhoon H camera doesn't have the greatest video when compared with an equally priced drone, or in some cases, the lower priced younger brother Q500 4K. This is what matters to consumers... they can see it with their own eyes which is worth more than an understanding of bitrate.

I now return you to your locally program station. :)

Mr. DerStig and Mr. Tuna,

Please note that the average drone consumer does not care about bit rates because honestly they don't understand the tech. Even if a higher bit rate was a good thing, it doesn't equal a good image because you have so many other pieces of the image puzzle to ruin what could have been great (i.e., lens, focus, processor, firmware, etc). No matter how much you two argue this back and forth the reality is that the Typhoon H camera doesn't have the greatest video when compared with an equally priced drone, or in some cases, the lower priced younger brother Q500 4K. This is what matters to consumers... they can see it with their own eyes which is worth more than an understanding of bitrate.

I now return you to your locally program station. :)
"We control the horizontal and the vertical"

You really don't understand this do you? The more bits the more information the more information the better the image.

The CGO3+ produces the highest bit rate in the Gorgeous mode. The "Raw" (Log C really) has the lowest bit rate.

With every I ther camera and compressor on the planet the RAW will ALWAYS have the highest bit rate to allow for maximum flexibility in the image.

The GoPro, DJI and the others all run a 60Mbps data rate and all have better images.

Please stop making uneducated claims about image quality. You simply do t understand what makes a good image
I am TH owner I found that P4 video quality is much more better than our H

Let me address the parts of the puzzle. lets look a the image chain from front to back. If you have a high resolution lens more information will get to the sensor, if you have a lower resolution lens it will lower the amount of information (data) that then sensor sees. Same goes for focus. Being in focus increases contrast, higher contrast is more information and that makes for more data. Being lower res reduces the processor overhead. If we were to record each and every bit that comes off the sensor and we are shooting 4K (4096x2160) at 24fps, there are three color channels (YUV) and each one is 8bit's deep (10bit would be better and 14bit is what is used for feature and TV production) and that gives a frame file size of 26.5MB. One second is 637MB or about 300Gigabytes/hour.... That's a lot of data that the processor has to wade through. If the image has a bit lower resolution you will limit the about of data since your GOP I frames have less difference across the frame. Now you have to compress that and that's getting rid of a ton of data and that's where codec's come into play. Some are good most are bad but in the end your grouping similar tones in the image and writing a key frame that describes the entire frame then your using those groups to only update the areas that have a change (GOP compression) I could get into I Frames P frames and B frames but it all has to do with motion and there where the variable bitrate comes in that is confusing Tuna.

Lets look at why Bitrate is an important number it gives and indication of compression ratio. Yuneec says that their cameras output 50Mbps or about 102/1 compression ratio. When they first advertised the capabilities of the CGO3+ they said it was 100Mbps which would have been 51/1 compression ratio. The Yuneec Raw is only giving you about 29Mbps which is 176/1 compression ratio. Compare those numbers to the P4 and the GPH4B which are running 85/1 compression and you start to see a performance metric.

In the end it's about color accuracy, contrast, and focus which is collectively called image quality and all of those are affected by Bitrate. Saying that Bitrate isn't a performance indication is a sign of not understanding the chain. One other thing to consider, if Bitrate wasn't important Yuneec wouldn't have advertised 100Mbps then changed over all their material to show 50Mbps...

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Why, oh why do you allow these DJI turds to discombobulate you so much?!?!

It's nothing more than a massive smear campaign that's the result of DJI doing some agressive recruiting and radicalizing.

Ignore the BS from those moronic MF's. We have our H. We love our H. Period.

Feck off DJI.

Reactions: Michael Walker
his camera comparison is pretty spot on.

you might want to check your spelling and grammar it's pretty embarrassing for you...
It's sarcasm, a mockery of the original post by luna. Take a gander at that spelling and grammar. Or I just may be drunk. Either way, DjiStig, put a sock in it!

Why, oh why do you allow these DJI turds to discombobulate you so much?!?!

It's nothing more than a massive smear campaign that's the result of DJI doing some agressive recruiting and radicalizing.

Ignore the BS from those moronic MF's. We have our H. We love our H. Period.

Feck off DJI.
I am a DJI owner and no one is pressuring me to post factual information. I returned my H because it did not deliver in multiple areas of operation and end user abilities. Those are the cold hard facts.

Reactions: DerStig
I am a DJI owner and no one is pressuring me to post factual information. I returned my H because it did not deliver in multiple areas of operation. Those are the cold hard facts.
As is your right, sir. I own both, and enjoy both, but I like the H much more. My peeve here is unscrupoulos people clearly attempting to make us all doubt our choice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval