Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

"Jello effect" video

Reaction score
- 4K,
- HD, central part.

I´ve sent drone to repair having this deffect. Received it back in two weeks in the same condition. The engineer´s remark:
Camera was tested.
Yaw Motor Status /Encoder: OK
Roll Motor Status/ Encoder: OK
Pitch Motor Status/ Encoder: OK
Main Board Status: OK
Gimbal Board Status: OK
Freq Parameters were reset. (Yfreq4)
Vibration Test: Successful.

Yes, but not more 3-4 m/s.

That is not normal wihtout wind and without excessive flying speed.

You must ask for a guarantee again.

This is the first H PLUS I have that vibrates in both stationary and windless.

It's not jello, but a poorly managed vibration

You sent him to whom for the repair?

Reactions: JackMTaco
Hey Sports Fans!
I have the same symptoms with my newly purchased Plus. Virtually, all footage was junk. After two batteries spent flying and recording, it turned out that all of my footage had this same irratic behavior that Oliver displayed above so well. Wind did not seem to be a consideration as it was light. Besides, the behavior does not correlate with wind issues. I noticed on screen while flying that the video imagery was majorly distorted unlike I'd ever seen before.

My gut tells me It seems to be an internal hardware or software problem - at this point, not sure - but leaves me with no other choice than to cease using the video function. Being my second Plus, and having switched out controllers (no change to symptoms) I will next swap cameras to confirm that the camera is or is not the culprit. Any other ideas folks?

You could fix that in post by applying warp stabilizer in Premier Pro. Probably just need 3-5% smoothness.

No go fixing in post. Tried that but the footage is too distored by what seems to be a juddery vibration caused mess of wiggliness.

Another observation made, but perhaps irrelevant, was last time I flew it (yesterday) while powering up the Plus, the camera had three episodes of a weak intensity bussing sound in succession spaced about 5 seconds apart

That is not normal wihtout wind and without excessive flying speed.

You must ask for a guarantee again.

This is the first H PLUS I have that vibrates in both stationary and windless.

It's not jello, but a poorly managed vibration

You sent him to whom for the repair?
I've sent drone to repair three times. Twice sent to a regional dealer in Spain and the third time I sent it to Germany to the european center of Yuneec. After third repair the nature of vibration has changed. Previously I had this problem:
- continuous buzz of the gimbal.
Now there is no buzz but the camera vibrates in flight so much that it can be seen with the naked eye. The video in the first post is what I have after the third repair.

Last edited:
I've sent drone to repair three times. Twice sent to a regional dealer in Spain and the third time I sent it to Germany to the european center of Yuneec. After third repair the nature of vibration has changed. Previously I had this problem:
- continuous buzz of the gimbal.
Now there is no buzz but the camera vibrates in flight so much that it can be seen with the naked eye. The video in the first post is what I have after the third repair.
it is unacceptable that the European center returns you your PLUS in this state, usually they are serious.
I guess you gave them the videos before.

Yes, of course.

The “Jello effect” can be fixed by resetting the ST16s and reflashing the H+

You can also do a quick series of elimination yourself by downloading your FW. Check your camera connection as well make sure the gimbal is properly seated.

Another test, if not already done: flying not necessary. Set the camera into a slow pan, then move the camera vertical position slider starting from horizontal (camera) to vertical.

The question to answer is whether any camera/gimbal vibration is constant or whether it occurs in a given gimbal elevation range.

I had this issue with an E50 camera. Started buzzing at around 30 degrees from vertical. This fix for the first camera was to replace the gel filled dampers with the old style cgo3+ dampers.

Subsequently, the whole kit was replaced, including the E50. The current one, with gel filled dampers, has performed nicely, aside from not so sharp video transmission to the ST16s, or when the gel stiffens when flying in sub freezing temps.

Jeff

P.S. the camera was replaced at least once for the not so sharp/clear ST16s video issue. Still no joy. Hoping a firmware update will eventually “fix” this issue. The recorded video (camera memory card) is sharp and clear.

Another test, if not already done: flying not necessary. Set the camera into a slow pan, then move the camera vertical position slider starting from horizontal (camera) to vertical.

The question to answer is whether any camera/gimbal vibration is constant or whether it occurs in a given gimbal elevation range.

I had this issue with an E50 camera. Started buzzing at around 30 degrees from vertical. This fix for the first camera was to replace the gel filled dampers with the old style cgo3+ dampers.

Subsequently, the whole kit was replaced, including the E50. The current one, with gel filled dampers, has performed nicely, aside from not so sharp video transmission to the ST16s, or when the gel stiffens when flying in sub freezing temps.

Jeff

P.S. the camera was replaced at least once for the not so sharp/clear ST16s video issue. Still no joy. Hoping a firmware update will eventually “fix” this issue. The recorded video (camera memory card) is sharp and clear.

No. No start buzzing in any position.

Reactions: Mike22
I just saw the video... That is not a Jello! The Jello Effect. Jello's usually starts at the center that there is your gimbal.

Reactions: cbecker125
C23 Camera wiggle update: BTW, thanks for the great video example of the wiggle (video image distortion) above Abant. Mine did the exact same thing except a bit more pronounced. Additionally, it doesn't matter whether or not video is recording. The wiggle is immediately seen on-screen after lift-off. As earlier stated, I was able to swap cameras to confirm that the camera wiggle symptoms indeed moved to my other non-problematic Plus. The symptoms were reproduced exactly on the other Plus, confirming that the camera is/has the problem. I have since boxed up the Plus for return to Amazon who is awesome! I will try another Plus. I am still a big fan of the H Plus.

This is definitely a vibration issue in the gimbal itself.

And it looks a lot like the buzzing issue that where introduced in one of the first updates yuneec sent out.
I had my camera shipped to yuneec for calibration and back then the issue was fixed by yuneec Germany.

I'm assuming that you have checked the rubber dampers for damage and also checked that the gimbal moves freely without obstruction on all tree axis?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430