Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Jour Explained Finally

Reaction score
There have been some questions about this task and its been a bit confusing, to say the least, for me for sure. Here is what I have found out. The Jour or Journey task is NOT for picture taking. Its for video! In fact all the tasks are for enhancing the video effect. I know the manual mentions the word "selfi" and that is what threw me off. This is the effect that it is designed to achieve. Video camera on, you position the bird about 10 ft from you. Set the desired height and tilt the camera to make sure you are centered in the picture. Then when you press start the camera pulls away from you out to the desired distance and height. Camera is still running. Then it returns to you for you to retrieve. This pull back effect on you or the subject is something you have seen in movies all the time. Using video editing you can now edit out the parts of that video you do not want like the return trip of the camera back to you. This is to just create that effect of the video camera pulling away from you and then disappearing. Hope this helps. I got this information from Chris at Terrestrial Imaging who has been terrific with his support. I purchased the bird from him and I'm glad I did. Hope this explanation helps.

Tested this mode today, it did exactly what it is supposed to do. Very easy to use just make sure you have adequate space to not run your machine in to anything!

Yes I did take video but wasn't too happy with the result, my fault sun was low on the horizon and for a good portion of the video it was very flared. I am 99% sure I am going to invest in the PolarPro filters once I recover from my holiday spending. I'm also just learning to fly so havent messed with camera WB and shutter speed settings to get better looking video, all in due time!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430