Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just bought a new realsense module

Reaction score
Hello All:

I was browsing eBay and found a new realsense module for $270 US. I ordered it and look forward to adding it to my H. Everything I have read and viewed online, especially the Yuneec demo, says this was a good thing. I plan on flying in the mountains with many trees this summer so it seems like cheap insurance. I checked into the seller before ordering, 100% positive feedback. There were 13 other people watching this buy it now auction. I feel like a kid in a candy shop.?

Hello All:

I was browsing eBay and found a new realsense module for $270 US. I ordered it and look forward to adding it to my H. Everything I have read and viewed online, especially the Yuneec demo, says this was a good thing. I plan on flying in the mountains with many trees this summer so it seems like cheap insurance. I checked into the seller before ordering, 100% positive feedback. There were 13 other people watching this buy it now auction. I feel like a kid in a candy shop.?
I was under the impression that once the RealSense was aware of something it would avoid it. I had it enabled and flew close to shrubbery and the H stopped and wouldn't proceed. I rotated 180 degrees and had no problem backing into the shrubbery and crashing. Don't make that mistake.

I was under the impression that once the RealSense was aware of something it would avoid it. I had it enabled and flew close to shrubbery and the H stopped and wouldn't proceed. I rotated 180 degrees and had no problem backing into the shrubbery and crashing. Don't make that mistake.
That does apply to follow me mode. In that mode the H will build a path to fly around an object. In Angle mode it only sees what is in front.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I watched a video by Demunseed (Jim Bowers) on Youtube where he explores this exact feature. He called Yuneec tech support and talked to one of their techs. They explained that the switch is really on and off. Disabled is off until they implement new firmware. The Obstacle Avoidance feature of the Intel Realsense is only active in Smart Mode, not Angle mode. That is a bit of a bummer, but, se la vie. Now, this video was from early 2017, so things might have changed.

Trying to Crash the H

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss