Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just bought an H Pro

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm super new, and i'm excited to finally have a Typhoon. I'm making the transition from the DRL circuit LOL. I'm really hoping to enjoy what you all are experiencing as soon as the weather clears.

Just having some beginner jitters. Really just want to take some cool pics of my son and his buddies playing, and maybe some neat family photos.

Any tips that aren't posted on youtube? I haven't found any real indepth info on the return to home feature other than verbal explanations. Would like to know the complexity of it. The manual is a little confusing as to when it can and can not be used.

Also can anyone tell me if I can take full control of the camera horizontally in the air? If so how do you switch to the camera only and then back to controlling the drone. (one person)

Thanks in advance, and i'm loving the posts! Makes me feel as though I've made a good choice!

Ok then I must be asking the question incorrectly. How do I control moving the camera left and right?

With the knob on the ST16. That will control the left and right horizontally. There is a slider control underneath the top left for vertical up and down.

Soooo glad I found this forum!!!! I could NOT find anything that explained that.

So if I’m sitting still and I change the camera direction, is it pure experience that will get me back to my start point or home without using return to home?

Until you get used to your bird, you really need to keep it near to you to visually see how it is reacting to your stick inputs. It is very easy to lose touch with which way the bird is facing compared to which way you have the camera turned. You may have your camera pointed West while your bird is headed North. If you get too far away to visually see which way the bird is going, you could lose it. Just keep it close to you when your experimenting.

Please make your firsts few flights in a large open field, away from other people. Avoid using SMART mode (Green Tail Light) for first few flights.
Take it slow and easy. Put the Aircraft in a hover about 20' high, and play with the camera controls only. The H is pretty stable in the air and will stay put while you control the camera.
The knob on the top left of the controller, will move (PAN) the camera left and right. The slider will control the TILT of the camera up and down.

Actually I recommend you remove the camera for your first few flights until you feel comfortable flying it. The camera is an expensive fix if you crash.
If you plan to use the Home function, set the RTH altitude first so that it will climb to an altitude that is higher than anything between you and the H.
Don't use Home unless the H is over 100' away. When you switch to Home, the H will fly in a direct line back to the ST16 and will land about 15' away. It always comes back to the ST16 not to where it took off. If you move, the home point moves with you. It will land in the line of flight. In other words. If you are standing on a pier flying over a lake and select Home, it will fly back and land in the water right in front of you. As it's making the final descent you can use the right stick to move it somewhat if you need or just go back to Angle mode and land manually. When you land, hold the throttle all the way back when you touch the ground and then press the red button. Don't move the left stick to either side when you touch down or the H will flip over. It must be exactly straight back.

Reactions: jcommstudios
Thanks all, and thanks @Atomic08 I’ll check out that map and those videos! Luckily I’ve been racing drones and flying helis for a while. The high stable video of scenery has really caught my interest!

Atomic08 provided you with a link to a discussion about the Green Arrow while Angle flight mode. It would benefit you to read through that thread as I had no clue what that green arrow was trying to tell me until I found the answers on this blog. I don’t believe this is in that thread, but here is a link to great PDF document that Clem Wehner wrote and posted on this forum. Clem does a great job of explaining that the green arrow is showing you and how to use it. Best of luck!

https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/green-arrow-explained-6-pdf.3839/

Hey All,
Took a first flight yesterday. Very easy to fly!
So naturally I stayed pretty low. Low enough to jump up and pull down out of the sky. So from about 50+ feet away it was hovering while I toyed with the camera. Crispy video, and some expected latency. Then I noticed more things coming in to view, it was starting to fly away lol.
Yes it was calibrated, accelerometer, compass and camera. Versions are at the latest. Freaked out for 6 minutes panicking. Got a nice view of the neighborhood a few miles away however I was in our clubs field used to fly rc planes. (Open unobstructed view) and I was the only person up there so there wasn’t inteferrance.

Your thoughts? Kind of scared to go up again at the risk of loosing it and reading frightening glybaway stories.

Settings were of course 24 sats. Until it statutes flying away no avoidance no smart yes angle.

Watched and set it up according to beginner videos.

11B0DBEC-A95C-48A5-8244-FEFCE7E12E9D.jpeg EF3BB60F-7C0B-4AA8-B180-A1EEE0A53391.jpeg Finally got a chance to run through everything except follow me. I’m lazy lol so it will not be tested for a while

Soooo glad I found this forum!!!! I could NOT find anything that explained that.

So if I’m sitting still and I change the camera direction, is it pure experience that will get me back to my start point or home without using return to home?
You have a pan mode switch on the left side of the controller. It's the longer one. Pull it towards you and you can rotate the camera. When you want it to go back to the head of the bird just push it away from you and it will go back to center.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval