Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just got my 520, but how am I going to tranport it?

Reaction score
My 520 just arrived and its packed in a cardboard box with a molded insert. In my "Googling" I have not found a backpack or case made specifically for it. Anybody else have any luck with a case? I know the promotional video showed a back pack where the 520 was strapped to the outside, but I haven't seen that anywhere. The molded insert would be nice as an insert into a Pelican case, but the dimensions don't match up with any as far as I can tell. Suggestions?

My 520 just arrived and its packed in a cardboard box with a molded insert. In my "Googling" I have not found a backpack or case made specifically for it. Anybody else have any luck with a case? I know the promotional video showed a back pack where the 520 was strapped to the outside, but I haven't seen that anywhere. The molded insert would be nice as an insert into a Pelican case, but the dimensions don't match up with any as far as I can tell. Suggestions?

Some have said it looks like it will fit in the Typhoon H case. You can get knockoffs on eBay for around $30

Last edited:
Some have said it looks like it will fit in the Typhoon H case. You can get knockoffs on eBay for around $30

The Australian Haydn who has one has tried to fit the foam into the old cheapie backpacks - his result:

IT FITS! So it fits into the $30 Chinese back packs from eBay. It should also fit into the current H Pro bag and the original hard cases (for those few of us that actually were able to get one when first release before being discontinued.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Just be careful of some of the after market cases. They support the aircraft by the landing gear, and not the aircraft body. Check your original foam case that came with the aircraft, the landing gear to not touch the bottom.

I used the h520 foam in the soft backpack from China.
The original h480 ones were always a little loose before anyway.
I didn't put the H520 in the H Pro foam.
Agreed it would put pressure on the legs.

Reactions: Steve Carr
what about this case HPRC4600W For Typhoon H - TYH-4600W-01 - HPRC USA. granted a little trimming may be need at the ends were the arms rest on but arms are not in folded over but in flight ready mode.
That case looks doable. The case from the flight demo at Interdrone is the pelican case from Silver State Cases. Depth is the main problem (480 MM vs 520mm), when you put the 520 in a 480 case it looks like it's going to fit. Then you close the top of the case and start running around town, get out go a flight sight and realize the body is cracked at the arm mounts from the pressure. I killed two 520s by using the 480 backpack and a 480 case.

Reactions: Haydn and Rayray
I look at case transport in what appears to be a unique manner. No pun intended. Once I have something that requires a case I measure the item and then shop appropriately sized cases. If I have to cut foam, I cut foam until the fit is as desired. For me there's no requirement for a cheap case to be provided by a manufacturer, and the protective foam does not need to be custom cut with a water jet.

Reactions: Haydn
if one removes the landing gear from the craft would that take care of the depth issue when using hprc4600w case if the arm areas are also trimmed accordingly. in this case the arms are not folded when in transport.

I got my backpack from Amazon I just put in search backpack for the 520-h

Get a pick and pluck case. As much as it cost, it should come with a case.

Reactions: GQAPV
I got my backpack from Amazon I just put in search backpack for the 520-h
I tried the search and there were 3 pages of results, most backpacks weren't big enough, with a few that might work. Did you get one that fits the foam case? Can you post a link of the exact one that you got?
Thanks

Hi a firm on YouTube is selling them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430